Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Chocolate cake flopped

bubs

Post Thu, Nov 19 2009, 11:43 am
I just made a chocolate cake and the whole inside fell. It's a round cake and is usually really great. I'm having company this shabbos and want to know if there is anything to do with it. The outside area is fine just the middle fell in. Thanks for any help.

Lady Godiva

Post Thu, Nov 19 2009, 11:45 am
My sister makes rum balls with chocolate cake. I think she puts a bit of liquor into the cake and rolls it into balls. Then she coats it in confectioner's sugar, sprinkles or chopped nuts.
(use gloves when doing this, otherwise it's the nastiest dessert)

sped

Post Thu, Nov 19 2009, 11:55 am
You can make a trifle with it. layer with whipped cream and top with chopped nuts or some other pretty toppping.

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Nov 19 2009, 12:00 pm
That happened to me a couple months ago. I put it into a trifle bowl and drizzled it with chocolate ganache and cream cheese frosting. I didn't have any whipped cream to make a classic trifle, and did this instead. People loved it!

lizard8

Post Thu, Nov 19 2009, 12:01 pm
how about ice cream cake? Add homemade or soft bought ice cream and spread on top of cake. You can even put chocolate syrup and nuts in between.

I once made a cake in a 9x13 and then sliced it to fit a loaf pan. I had 3 long pieces of cake to layer. Then I made an ice cream and split it into 3 parts -chocolate (dilute cocoa) vanilla (used vanilla extract), and coffee (dilute instant coffee) I alternated in the pan between cake and ice cream. It was really pretty and tasted good!

bubs

Post Thu, Nov 19 2009, 12:05 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
That happened to me a couple months ago. I put it into a trifle bowl and drizzled it with chocolate ganache and cream cheese frosting. I didn't have any whipped cream to make a classic trifle, and did this instead. People loved it!

How do you make chocolate ganach? Will it work with whipped cream since I want to keep it pareve?

sky

Post Thu, Nov 19 2009, 12:06 pm
Rum Balls:

Melt 6 oz chocholate chips in 2 oz water over a double boiler.
Add 3 T light corn syrup, 1/2 C sugar, and 1/2 cup OJ.

Remove from heat.

Add 3 cups crumbled cake, graham crackers, or anything else you have in the house.

Add rum or any other flavor you like (such as vanilla)

Roll into balls and cover with sprinkles, cocunut, ground nuts, etc.

Refrigerate or freeze.

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Nov 19 2009, 12:12 pm
I guess it's technically not a ganache, but I call it that.

I used the chocolate glaze recipe from here:

http://www.recipezaar.com/Choc.....27144
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics