Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Advice needed for choc pudding pie

gold21

Post Sat, Nov 21 2009, 9:35 pm
I tried to make choc pudding pie for shabbos. calls for 2 instant choc puddings (I used gefen brand), milk or nondairy creamer (I used rice dream), 2 whips, graham cracker crust. anyhow, the choc pudding part came out awful!! it had a jello-ish texture, tasted like chocolate rubber, not ice cream/pudding. has anyone had success with this pie? can you detail the brands you use, how long you beat the choc pudding for, etc?

Mommy3.5

Post Sun, Nov 22 2009, 3:46 pm
That's how instant pudding comes out....

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Nov 22 2009, 3:57 pm
I prefer non-instant pudding.

pinktichel

Post Sun, Nov 22 2009, 4:44 pm
I use all the ingredients you listed but I whip the whip and in a separate container combine the pudding and soy milk (it gets very thick). I then fold the pudding into the whip and get a perfect consistency.

Rachie1

Post Sun, Nov 22 2009, 6:11 pm
I use non-dairy chocolate chips and tofu.

1 cup non-dairy semisweet chocolate chips.
12 oz firm silken tofu
1/2 cup nondairy milk (I use soy milk or rice milk)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

first, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave -- should take 90-120 seconds. you can also do it via double boiler if you want to do it via stovetop. I always add in extra chips because when you go to pour them into the food processor, some chocolate sticks to the microwave bowl.

Put the tofu in the food processor. Add the chocolate, nondairy milk and vanilla. process until smooth, scrape down sides of bowl when necessary. pour into graham cracker crust, and put in fridge for at least an hour before serving. put fresh berries on top to make it look fancier.

gold21

Post Sun, Nov 22 2009, 7:37 pm
thanx so much everyone! I am wondering if this recipe could be made with non-instant pareve choc pudding. does anyone do that? also, pinktichel, what brand of instant pudding do you use? how much milk do you add? you beat it together in a processer or mix it by hand? how long do you mix/beat the milk and pudding together for? thanks!

pinktichel

Post Sun, Nov 22 2009, 7:41 pm
gold21 wrote:
thanx so much everyone! I am wondering if this recipe could be made with non-instant pareve choc pudding. does anyone do that? also, pinktichel, what brand of instant pudding do you use? how much milk do you add? you beat it together in a processer or mix it by hand? how long do you mix/beat the milk and pudding together for? thanks!

I use osem instant pudding mix (3.3 oz and I try to do about 2.8-they're old pkg size). I do 1 c. soy milk to most of a package and shake it up in a container. It thickens immediately. I then fold it into 2 small rich's whips that have been whipped up in the mixer, using the whisks.

I then put it into graham cracker crusts (2, I think) and refrigerate.

I used this cream for mini chocolate mousse cups as well as trifles and got rave reviews
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics