Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Rice krispie treats with chocolate and not marshmallows

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Nov 27 2009, 5:54 am
anyone have a recipe?

Isramom8

Post Fri, Nov 27 2009, 6:34 am
Do what it says in the original recipe but leave out the marshmallows. Melt chocolate in the microwave and drizzle over. Just guessing, but how can you go wrong? Wink

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Nov 27 2009, 6:37 am
Isramom8 wrote:
Do what it says in the original recipe but leave out the marshmallows. Melt chocolate in the microwave and drizzle over. Just guessing, but how can you go wrong? Wink
I guess so, although we live in the dark ages, we do not have a microwave, so melting chocolate is a bit of a mess, but I will try it. thanks.

Isramom8

Post Fri, Nov 27 2009, 7:06 am
Maybe just add chocolate chips then, and bake???

realeez

Post Fri, Nov 27 2009, 7:41 am
I take a 9x13 pan, put it in the oven with 1 c each of corn syrup, sugar and peanut butter and melt it in the oven - I keep stirring. when it's melted, I add about 3/4 cup of choc chips and melt that in there and then remove from oven and stir in crispies and flatten.

YALT

Post Fri, Nov 27 2009, 8:12 am
realeez wrote:
I take a 9x13 pan, put it in the oven with 1 c each of corn syrup, sugar and peanut butter and melt it in the oven - I keep stirring. when it's melted, I add about 3/4 cup of choc chips and melt that in there and then remove from oven and stir in crispies and flatten.

This is my recipe,although I only use 3/4 c. of sugar.Choc. chips are reserved for the top, or I mix in same time as rice krispies. 5-6 cups of rice krispies.
I melt it in a big bowl over a pot of water on the stove. I find that the easiest.

I normally double the recipe & put into jellyroll pan. If I want it really even, I spread a sheet of wax paper over the mixture & roll with rolling pin. the rolling pin presses it down firmly & evenly. And no need to wash, since the paper was the only thing touching it.

Freezes well.

realeez

Post Fri, Nov 27 2009, 8:42 am
YALT wrote:
realeez wrote:

This is my recipe,although I only use 3/4 c. of sugar.Choc. chips are reserved for the top, or I mix in same time as rice krispies. 5-6 cups of rice krispies.
I melt it in a big bowl over a pot of water on the stove. I find that the easiest.

I normally double the recipe & put into jellyroll pan. If I want it really even, I spread a sheet of wax paper over the mixture & roll with rolling pin. the rolling pin presses it down firmly & evenly. And no need to wash, since the paper was the only thing touching it.

Freezes well.

I like doing it in the foil pan since there is no cleanup after!!!

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Nov 27 2009, 9:07 am
I bought chocolate spread so it will be easier to melt (I think:>)
I will try it for next shabbat.

Isramom8

Post Sat, Nov 28 2009, 11:46 am
Maybe don't - it will taste uniquely like chocolate spread.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Nov 29 2009, 3:12 pm
Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats

1 package chocolate chips
1 stick margarine
½ cup corn syrup
1 tablespoon peanut butter
2 cups confectioners sugar
4 cups Rice Krispies

Melt first three ingredients and stir in peanut butter. Add sugar and cereal. Mix well. Spread into 9 x 13 inch pan and refrigerate.

imasinger

Post Sun, Nov 29 2009, 3:52 pm
The one we make is without peanut butter.

CHOCOLATE RICE KRISPY TREATS

1/2 c. margarine
1 pkg. (12 oz.) chocolate chips
1/2 c. light corn syrup
4 c. Rice Krispies

Mix the margarine, chocolate chips and corn syrup together in a saucepan (or in microwave) and heat until the chocolate is melted. Mix with Rice Krispies. Put in a buttered 13 x 9 inch pan. Chill.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics