Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Looking for FABULOUS dessert.....
1  2  3  4  Next

Motheroftwins

Post Sun, Nov 29 2009, 10:23 pm
My husband's entire family is eating with us the 2nd Friday night of Chanukah. I need a new dessert to try......I am sick of the usual chocolate cake, kahlua cake, sponge/pound/strawberry short cakes. No mousse or chocolate cream pies. I need something that will WOW THE SOCKS off of them! I don't mind Patchka-ing as long as im guaranteed that it will come out good and taste fantastic....any ideas??

HELP PLEASE, I NEED THIS TO REALLY BE WOW!!!

Grandmama

Post Sun, Nov 29 2009, 10:28 pm
Motheroftwins wrote:
My husband's entire family is eating with us the 2nd Friday night of Chanukah. I need a new dessert to try......I am sick of the usual chocolate cake, kahlua cake, sponge/pound/strawberry short cakes. No mousse or chocolate cream pies. I need something that will WOW THE SOCKS off of them! I don't mind Patchka-ing as long as im guaranteed that it will come out good and taste fantastic....any ideas??

HELP PLEASE, I NEED THIS TO REALLY BE WOW!!!

So can I come over too? I never make desserts like that, so I can not be of much help. We are all perpetually on healthy diets of one sort or another. No one would eat it even if I did make it.
Or they would take a bite to taste and the rest gets thrown out.
If you want to patchka, go ahead, but try making something that you tasted first and really loved.

be good

Post Sun, Nov 29 2009, 10:42 pm
I have an amazing coffee cake recipe. its reaaly good, but it isnt exotic or anything. I also have a great caramel 'blonde' brownies recipe that always goes over very well.

nicole81

Post Sun, Nov 29 2009, 10:48 pm
I'll take your coffee cake recipe!

benny

Post Sun, Nov 29 2009, 10:50 pm
Ok so I recently had my parents and inlaws for a Shabbos and made 2 amazing desserts. Friday night I made individual meringue cakes. (like a tower) and on the to chocolate layer I made a stencil of a flour out of silver sugar. It was a pachke but doable. Shabbos day I did spun sugar. You can look it up online- there are alot of instructions out there. We had to give it a few tries but in the end it was great. I ended up making a square lattice that I put on square glass plates. On it I put strawberries, blueberries and concord grapes and next to it I put a mound of whipped cream with a mini chocolate spoon stuck in it. (chocolate mold of a mini spoon). They were a real hit! If you have specific questions you can pm me. good luck and have fun!!

yummydd

Post Sun, Nov 29 2009, 10:52 pm
I did a watermelon ices and it was a hit, its not watermelon flavor its a ices that when cut looks like a slice of watermelon.
You can also do tunnels out of shortcut pastry, filled with ice cream.
let me know if you want any of these recipes.

I still like the traditional chocolate cake with hot chocolate sauce or apple cobler with hot custard sauce. Swiss roll ice cream cake is also nice.

shanie5

Post Sun, Nov 29 2009, 10:55 pm
rigliachi:

1- start w/ a thin chocolate cake -any choc cake recipe is fine for this recipe. I use the recipe on the back of the hersheys cocoa-u only need a thin layer, so either divide it among three pans (9x13) or do thin layer of cake in one pan and use the rest of the batter for cupcakes, or round cakes or............

2- 8 oz of richs whip (or any nondairy whip)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
whip till thick, pour over cake, smooth and freeze

3- 3 eggs
2/3 cup confectioners sugar
beat 10-15 minutes w/ mixer. till it is very thick and high in the bowl

1 1/4 cups chocolate bits
3 1/2 tblsp cocoa
2 tblsp oil
melt together. fold into egg mixture. pour over frozen cream. freeze again. take out about 20 minutes before serving. (or the cake will be too frozen to eat.)

Nikki

Post Sun, Nov 29 2009, 11:18 pm
Benny do you mind giving the recipe for the meringue cakes that you did Friday night and how you did it? Thanks.

tzipp

Post Sun, Nov 29 2009, 11:23 pm
How about a chocolate fondue, with cookies, straeberries, bananas, etc, for dipping?

BLUEROSE

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 4:46 pm
PLease post the recipes for the watermelon ices, and the meringue cakes. They both sound great.

Motheroftwins

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 5:41 pm
I am thinking of going with a tiramisu...its for sure something different and I think it will be great.

I found the recipe on this board from Pleaseadvice....did anyone ever try it? I need a recipe that can be made like a cake, not just slopped in a dish (excuse my analogy, but you know what I mean)...I dont want it looking or being served like a trifle...

Bella:D

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 5:51 pm
I have an amazing cake recipe, it's from the first kosher by design book, it's a coffee and nut chocolate layer cake, its amazing. I don't suggest the tiramissu, somethings are really meant to stay dairy.

jewels

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 8:08 pm
I made these ices for my friends bar mitzvah - 80 each! But theyre fairly simple and look beautiful! Homemade lemon-mint ices in hollowed out lemon half and orange-grapefruit in a half an orange. They look really elegant. Also I have a lemon tart thats very simple and you cover the top with crystalized edible flowers-looks stunning and very good as well.

INSPIREME

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 8:15 pm
Maybe try a tri- color ices - It looks really nice when sliced.

Do three different color ices, and add a layer when the layer before is frozen solid so that they do not mix.

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 8:18 pm
jewels wrote:
I made these ices for my friends bar mitzvah - 80 each! But theyre fairly simple and look beautiful! Homemade lemon-mint ices in hollowed out lemon half and orange-grapefruit in a half an orange. They look really elegant. Also I have a lemon tart thats very simple and you cover the top with crystalized edible flowers-looks stunning and very good as well.

this sounds wonderful!! How did you do it?

Chayalle

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 9:14 pm
Last year Shavuos issue of Mishpacha Family First had these no-bake cheesecake cups that are scrummptious and an absolute showstopper. You make this cream cheese mixture, and then half of it you add a bar of rosemarie (melted) to it.

Then you layer graham cracker crumbs, white cheese mixture, Baker's choice nut crunch (or you can make it yourself, with ground nuts, coconut, and chocolate), graham cracker crumbs, chocolate cheese mixture, and nut crunch.

If you make it in these disposable stemmed champagne glasses, it looks absolutely gorgeous, complicated like anything (when it's actually quite simple), and tastes heavenly!

I have the recipe somewhere if interested...it's perfect for Chanuka.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 9:18 pm
I'd love the recipe Chayalle

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 9:24 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I'd love the recipe Chayalle

ditto

OldYoung

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 9:29 pm
I would love the dessert too!!!

If you decide to go with a cheese cake, I have the most incredible caramel topping recipe if you want. It will wow the socks off of anyone. Wink If you're handy at cake decorating and know how to use bags and tips, you can turn it into a real winner.

bnm

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 10:35 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Last year Shavuos issue of Mishpacha Family First had these no-bake cheesecake cups that are scrummptious and an absolute showstopper. You make this cream cheese mixture, and then half of it you add a bar of rosemarie (melted) to it.

Then you layer graham cracker crumbs, white cheese mixture, Baker's choice nut crunch (or you can make it yourself, with ground nuts, coconut, and chocolate), graham cracker crumbs, chocolate cheese mixture, and nut crunch.

If you make it in these disposable stemmed champagne glasses, it looks absolutely gorgeous, complicated like anything (when it's actually quite simple), and tastes heavenly!

I have the recipe somewhere if interested...it's perfect for Chanuka.

the recipe is on Imamother already, I made it and it was delicious. I can find the link.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics