Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Choc peanut butter cookies

bella123

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 8:27 am
Anyone make this from Hamodia Nov 17th? Were the any good?

drumjj

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 8:51 am
if anyone did can they pls post the recipe if it was good ty

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 9:03 am
I made them. They were best fresh; after a day or so, I could tell they weren't fresh, but maybe I should have stored them in the fridge.

Chocolate PB Cookies

Chocolate Dough:
1.5 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp baking soda
Combine in a sandwich bag and set aside.

Cream together:
1/2 C margarine, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter

Add:
1 egg
1 TBSP water
1 tsp vanilla
and beat until creamy.

Add flour mixture and mix with wooden spoon (I ended up kneading it with my hands) into a smooth dough.
Shape into 30 balls and set aside (I actually saved this for the later part and did all the patchka stuff together).

PB filling:
Mix:
3/4 C confectioner's sugar
1/2 C peanut butter
in small bowl with spoon.
Shape into 30 small balls (I actually had extra since I did it while I was assembling them so I knew what size I needed).

Preheat oven to 350.
Slightly flatten a chocolate dough ball. Top with PB ball, and carefully shape the chocolate dough around the PB so the filling doesn't show. Roll the ball to make perfectly round.
Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart (I didn't find they really spread, so close together wasn't such an issue). Press down gently with palm of hand and bake for about 8 minutes until set and beginning to crack a little.

drumjj

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 9:23 am
sounds like a very complicated and long recipe. was it worth it

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 10:46 am
drumjj wrote:
sounds like a very complicated and long recipe. was it worth it
I broke it down which makes it seem more complicated (the magazine typed it up much shorter).
It tastes like peanut butter cups in a cookie, sort of, and was enjoyed by everyone who ate it.

It took me about an hour from start to finish, with a phone call in the middle, 2 awake kids, one more kid who woke up kvetchy in the middle and needed tending to, and all the "help" they provide Tongue Out
It was a good activity to keep us busy. Would I do it on an erev Shabbos? Absolutely not. But for an activity, it was good.
The chocolate dough is like a kneaded dough; next time I think I'm going to use the recipe I have for giant zebra fudge cookies for that part (calls for oil, no mixer needed) and see if that works.
The pb filling was not a big deal.

Instead of making the chocolate balls, and then doing the PB filling, and then putting it in, I made both parts.
Rolled the chocolate balls, dabbed the PB and closed each one as I was doing it. The patchka part took about 15 minutes.

drumjj

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 11:47 am
ok thanks, im going to a friends next week and she loves peanut butter so I was thinking about trying it
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins