Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Cleaning the Shabbos table on Shabbos
Previous  1  2

Tefila

Post Fri, Feb 17 2006, 4:00 pm
Quote:
spritz water on the glop, go away and tickle the baby for a little while. come back in 5-10 minutes and wipe away the mess. if there's still some left, spary some more water, go play peek-a-boo for a little while, come back in 5-10 min.

Thanks Chen Tongue Out well I am going to try it this Shabbos , wish me luck I think I'll need it lol

queen

Post Sat, Feb 18 2006, 8:11 pm
Crayon210 wrote:
queen-thanks for your great idea!

I'm glad it helped some1 cuz I typed (as I'm doing now) w/ one hand while NAK'ing (nurs'g @ keyboard)

Yael

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 1:56 pm
I thought that you are allowed to move the candles on shabbos if you need the space like to change the tablecloth Confused
I keep a heavy plastic on my table always anyway, but I remember learning this once.
anyone?

Ozmom

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 3:02 pm
Yael u can only do that if you have the candles on a tray and on the tray you leave something that you will need like a challah or a siddur from before shabbos till ?? tzeis? kiddush? anyone?

only then will you be able to move them.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 4:43 pm
What's the big deal?

Clean the table with a dry shmattah or napkins, then spritz whaterver's left over with water and wipe it up.

No big deal!

amother

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 5:07 pm
Candlesticks are in the category of muktzah machmas issur, objects whose use was prohibited because of shab. violations when shab. began remain muktzah all shabbas - ie candles that were lit, anyone here know for sure or have a dh or dad that's a rabbi, if you can or cannot move them, I was always under the impression of not.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions