Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Cute Stories
A simple story of hashgacha pratis

chavamom

Post Sun, Feb 19 2006, 10:58 pm
So, I am working now for a nursing agency instead of my old job in a hospital. One of the benefits of working for the agency (other than flexible hours and higher pay) is that for every hour you work, you get 'reward points'. You can use these reward points to 'buy' all sorts of items from cd players to diamond jewlery (obviously the jewlery is more points). I had never really paid any attention to my 'reward points' until someone else working agency was telling me 'girl, you can get good stuff for those points and even the shipping is free!'. So last Thurs. I looked into and discovered I had well over 1,000 points. I started browsing through the webpages of things I could get and somehow the idea of that maybe I should buy a new crockpot popped into my head. I quickly banished the thought - I have a perfectly good working crockpot! It may be 7 1/2 years old and look as though it has the stains of that many years of cholent on the outside, not to mention that the crock is hard to remove and just as stained.... but it works! Certainly it would be wasteful to throw out a perfectly good, working item for something 'new and improved'. And with that I turned off the computer, deciding that maybe dh and I would look together after shabbos to see what to buy. I mentioned it to him on Fri afternoon and even mentioned rejecting the crockpot idea.

So guess what.

This shabbos afternoon, taking the crock out of the pot.

After 7 1/2 years.

The base broke.

B'H, the cholent was fine (we had guests over!), but in this case Hashem truly sent the 'refuah' (the cure) before the 'maka' (the plague). I ordered that crockpot motzei shabbos.

Oh - forgot to mention that I had just 100 more points than I needed to get the crockpot and only last week they gave me a 500 point 'bonus'!

Rochel Leah

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 5:56 pm
Wow!

Tefila

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 5:58 pm
Very Happy Amazing

Frumom

Post Tue, Mar 07 2006, 11:20 pm
and there's a whole thread of crock pot recipes on this wonderful site to choose from Very Happy

Nice story!

red sea

Post Tue, Mar 07 2006, 11:41 pm
Kewl & funny story! LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics