Home

Marble Crumb Cake
Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

greenfire

Post Posted: Thu, Jan 22 2009, 11:37 am       Post subject:
the instructions are quite clear ...

put half the batter in the pan - put chocolate & marbleize (don't mix just sort of cut it in a bit) - then you MUST cover with the rest of the plain batter or the chocolate will burn ... don't forget the crumbs ...
NUTso but cute ~ things balance out Nervous

shmaichul

Post Posted: Thu, Jan 22 2009, 11:44 am       Post subject: re: Marble Crumb Cake
sorry now im really confused... how do I put plain on top if the rest all became choc?

YESHASettler

Post Posted: Thu, Jan 22 2009, 11:47 am       Post subject: Re: re: Marble Crumb Cake
shmaichul wrote:
sorry now im really confused... how do I put plain on top if the rest all became choc?

Simple - the half of the batter you set aside isn't mixed with the chocolate and then marblized into the vanilla batter.

It's vanilla batter, drizzle thin chocolate part and marblize, vanilla batter, crumb topping.

greenfire

Post Posted: Thu, Jan 22 2009, 11:52 am       Post subject: Re: re: Marble Crumb Cake
shmaichul wrote:

maybe you shouldn't be baking ... Scratching Head Idea

YESHASettler

Post Posted: Thu, Jan 22 2009, 11:54 am       Post subject: Re: re: Marble Crumb Cake
greenfire wrote:
shmaichul wrote:

maybe you shouldn't be baking ... :scratching head :idea:

I think it's a valid question if one doesn't read the instructions slowly... most marble cake recipes I've seen have you add the chocolate to the reserved batter and then marblize the two together.

shmaichul

Post Posted: Thu, Jan 22 2009, 11:58 am       Post subject: re: Marble Crumb Cake
thanks greenfire I wish!!! I like cooking but hate baking but you gotta do what you gotta do! I see what I did wrong I put half of the vanilla on bottom then made choc with the rest and mixed some choc into the vanilla that was in the pan and marbelized it then put the rest of the choc on top... oh well I guess its gonna burn Sad well have to try again!

greenfire

Post Posted: Thu, Jan 22 2009, 12:01 pm       Post subject:
put a lot of crumbs on top ... make a bit from some of the first ingredients ...

1 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cups crisco

crumble it together then place on top ... good luck !!!

shmaichul

Post Posted: Thu, Jan 22 2009, 12:02 pm       Post subject: re: Marble Crumb Cake
thanks! ill see if I can salvage it!!

shmaichul

Post Posted: Fri, Jan 23 2009, 12:25 pm       Post subject: re: Marble Crumb Cake
just wanted to let you k ow that the cake out perfectly fine and mmy dh loved it!

greenfire

Post Posted: Fri, Jan 23 2009, 1:53 pm       Post subject:
hooray Cheers

mom71

Post Posted: Fri, Jan 23 2009, 2:07 pm       Post subject: re: Marble Crumb Cake
Greenfire, I have another vote for you! I made the cake and I loved it. It was great. Thanks

greenfire

Post Posted: Fri, Jan 23 2009, 2:10 pm       Post subject: Re: re: Marble Crumb Cake
mom71 wrote:
Greenfire, I have another vote for you! I made the cake and I loved it. It was great. Thanks

thanx & welcome to this place Drunken Smile

Lovemylife

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 05 2009, 1:10 pm       Post subject: re: Marble Crumb Cake
Think I'm gonna make them and give them out for purim...in nice pans with something else. Don't know what yet.

Sounds yummy and you have more votes than any other recipe here.

greenfire

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 05 2009, 1:13 pm       Post subject:
dd once got a cake in a tiny real pan ... she loved it ... they make cute disposable little pans as well - the way I would go ...

grin

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 05 2009, 2:04 pm       Post subject: Re: re: Marble Crumb Cake
mom71 wrote:
me, too - except that the crumbs on top got all mushed up somehow. Confused
It was delicious, all the same.

greenfire

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 05 2009, 2:08 pm       Post subject:
you sort of have to squish the crumbs to make chunks ... that is the best

greenfire

Post Posted: Wed, Sep 02 2009, 6:16 am       Post subject:
bump

Mirel

Post Posted: Thu, Sep 24 2009, 7:39 pm       Post subject: re: Marble Crumb Cake
What can I subsitute the pareve milk with - soy milk?
View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3