Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Four siblings in need of adoptive family

Nicole

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 8:57 pm
I received the following email and thought I'd post it here:

Updated info:
I have spoken with the case worker in Lucas County to gain information and next steps.

At this time they are accepting home studies until Oct. 9 when they begin their matching conference
The children will only go to an adoptive home as a sibling group
They are only looking at families with an updated home study
If the family has 5 or more children currently then they need a large family assessment
These documents can be faxed to Delores President at 1-419-327-3582
All home studies will be reviewed; this is not an indication that the family will be considered
Information on the children:
Joshua

14 years old and a parentified child. He assisted his grandmother who was sick for quite a few years in raising the children
He has a Jewish identity.
He will not do well in a rigid environment
Very Mature, insightful, clear about wants
understands their plight
Leery about adoption, but open to discussing the topic and meeting a family
Rachel

7 years old
Close to her sister - they shared a room
Wants to be in a home with all her siblings
Developmentally on target
loves nature, dogs, cats and is very bright
Has not been involved with Judiasm
Sofia

is 5 years old
Close to her sister, some sibling rivalry with her brother
was very attached to her grandmother
Developmentally on target
Appeared distracted in class which may be because grandmother allowed the biological mother back into the family. She thought she was clean from drugs and was not. Grandmother later regretted this decision
Biological mother did not have contact for the 4 years prior.
Not invovled in Judaism
Infant male

3 months old
Born positive for Heroin
Was on methodone
Went to foster home with a methodone drip for 2 weeks
Currently doing very well
Is on similac advance
Weight is good
Pediatrician states he is on target
If you or someone you know would like to be considered for potential adoption please fax the information to:
Delores President 1-419-327-3582.

--- On Fri, 10/2/09, David Stern <dstern> wrote:

The more this request is passed on, the more likely it is that a family will
be found for these children.
So please pass this on to anyone you may know who is interested. This
request is not limited to the USA.

The jewish family services in Toledo Ohio is looking for a jewish family to adopt 4 jewish children - all siblings.
Age 14,7,5 and 3 months.
No living family relatives to take care of them.
Contact number is Beth Gerber, jewish family services, Toledo OH.
614-5590119.
David Stern

Raizle

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 10:55 pm
what's a home study?

workingmom3

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 12:35 am
so sad for the children. I hope they find a loving couple who will open their hearts and homes to them!

MomMD

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 9:12 am
A home study is done by a social worker and consists of an evaluation of the family, home, schools etc and they use this information to find a good match between the children and the adoptive family. I wasn't really seriously thinking about adopting yet, still hoping Hashem will bless us with more children, but when I read this story I just felt we would be a perfect fit for them, we'd love to take all 4 of them, we have a big house and we live in a wonderful community, we have a great school, where they wouldn't feel intimidated because the school is very small and there is a lot of one on one teaching, which would help these children, since they have been through so much. We could afford to take care of them, give them heath, vision and dental insurance. I've tried to communicate with the person listed above, but I can not reach her, I only have a fax # and already have faxed her a detailed letter regarding our serious interest, the only thing is that we don't have a home study and I understand this may take some time (several weeks to months) and apparently they are not going to wait, they want only updated home studies to be faxed by this Friday...I can only pray that Hashem deliver them to a warm, understanding and loving family.

If anyone finds out a better contact number for this woman, other than a fax # which she did not respond to, please let me know ASAP, thank you!

raspberry tea

Post Mon, Oct 12 2009, 6:44 pm
MomMD wrote:
A home study is done by a social worker and consists of an evaluation of the family, home, schools etc and they use this information to find a good match between the children and the adoptive family. I wasn't really seriously thinking about adopting yet, still hoping Hashem will bless us with more children, but when I read this story I just felt we would be a perfect fit for them, we'd love to take all 4 of them, we have a big house and we live in a wonderful community, we have a great school, where they wouldn't feel intimidated because the school is very small and there is a lot of one on one teaching, which would help these children, since they have been through so much. We could afford to take care of them, give them heath, vision and dental insurance. I've tried to communicate with the person listed above, but I can not reach her, I only have a fax # and already have faxed her a detailed letter regarding our serious interest, the only thing is that we don't have a home study and I understand this may take some time (several weeks to months) and apparently they are not going to wait, they want only updated home studies to be faxed by this Friday...I can only pray that Hashem deliver them to a warm, understanding and loving family.

If anyone finds out a better contact number for this woman, other than a fax # which she did not respond to, please let me know ASAP, thank you!

That's the same # I saw posted somewhere else. I hope you can get a hold of her! Maybe talk to a local social services center near you...to inquire about the home study and get the ball rolling!

LoveMy2Kids

Post Mon, Oct 12 2009, 6:59 pm
Luach had this # posted - 614-559-0119

raspberry tea

Post Mon, Oct 12 2009, 7:04 pm
LoveMy2Kids wrote:

That's one of the same numbers from the first post above. I wonder if she saw that?

LoveMy2Kids

Post Mon, Oct 12 2009, 7:10 pm
Emaleh wrote:
LoveMy2Kids wrote:

That's one of the same numbers from the first post above. I wonder if she saw that?

Oops, that's right. I only read the part where she said she only had a fax #.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics