Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Rice krispy treats
Previous  1  2  3

HooRYou

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 4:59 am
Just curious if it would work with carmelized brown or white sugar too. Has anyone tried it without the corn syrup?

drumjj

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 9:21 am
ty mummybh I always wondered what u would use instead of corn sryup here and now I know so thanks. I wanted to buy rice krispies but I forgot. maybe ill go to the local shops.

mumoo

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 9:44 am
greenfire wrote:
I make it with the fluff and no margarine ...

me too

microwave one big plastic container (16 oz) of fluff in a plastic bowl for one minute. Pour rice ( maybe 12 cups?) and stir until the fluff is pretty saturated and the krispies are all coated

for the peanut butter ones:
melt til just bubbling: one cup of corn syrup with one cup of sugar. turn off fire and add one cup of peanut butter. stir until melted. Pour over 6 cups of rice

btw corn syrup is pretty unhealthy ( the fluff has it also)

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 10:03 am
mumoo wrote:
greenfire wrote:
I make it with the fluff and no margarine ...

me too

microwave one big plastic container (16 oz) of fluff in a plastic bowl for one minute. Pour rice ( maybe 12 cups?) and stir until the fluff is pretty saturated and the krispies are all coated

for the peanut butter ones:
melt til just bubbling: one cup of corn syrup with one cup of sugar. turn off fire and add one cup of peanut butter. stir until melted. Pour over 6 cups of rice

btw corn syrup is pretty unhealthy ( the fluff has it also)

I will tell dd, she's go nna be excited !!!

ss321

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 10:15 pm
middy wrote:
peanut chews:
mix over small flame:
1/2 c. sugar
1 c. light corn syrup
1 c. peanut butter
pour over 4 c. rice krispies. mix immediately. optional: melt chocolate chips in double boiler and spread on top.

marshmallow fluff bars:
mix over small flame:
3 T. margarine
2 c. fluff
4-5 cups rice krispies. mix immediately

thanks so much for this recipe!!!
I just made both in under 5 min flat!! my kinda dessert Smile
and theyre delicious...

mumoo

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 10:22 pm
for the peanut butter lovers: this one has no cooking (except melting chocolate) and tastes like a peanut butter cup.

one stick margarine (earth balance works fine)
one jar peanut butter (I use natural, no sugar, no hydrogenated oil)
one 1/2 lb. confectioner's sugar (you may need to add, depending on which PB you use)

put in a mixer, beat until like stiff cookie dough. Press into pan, spread melted chocolate chips (1/2 bag?) over top. Chill (if you score chocolate into squares before cooling, they cut without cracking.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 11 2008, 10:07 pm
I am looking for the recipe.

THEYRE SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!

cookielady

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 4:20 am
In a large pot, mix 1 cup sugar and 1 cup light corn syrup over low hear, stirring constantly. when sugar has melted and it just begins to boil, remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup peanutbutter, mix until smooth.

Then stir in 5 cups crisp rice cereal. Press into a 9x13 greased pan.

Immediatly sprikle 1 bag (10oz) of choc. chips over the tops. Let it sit for a few minutes so they melt, then spread evenly over the top.

If the choc chips dont melt enough, place in 350 degree oven for 2 minutes. This should be enough to melt the chips. Spread, cool.

slice in pieces when choc is set (or refrigerate to speed that up)

Easy and delicious!

amother

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 3:48 pm
Thanks cookielady but this isnt the recipe I was looking for.
The one I'm talking abt has chocolate, pb, and rice krispies as the main ingredients and there is no "topping", it's all one big clump of goodness!

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 3:53 pm
dd is going to love this !

rachie

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 4:09 pm
you can follow the recipe posted but just add the chocolate chips after you add the peanut butter (you can keep the flame on low)and stir until smooth. Then add the rice krispies and press into a pan.

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 8:58 am
What can I use instead of corn syrup?

Bsimcha

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 9:03 am
I use honey and no sugar or corn syrup. The honey is very sweet, so Iuse less.
I do honey, peanut butter and baking chocolate. If you want amounts, I can get it later.

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 10:23 am
Please.

Frumom

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 6:13 pm
Just found this thread. I haven't made rice crispy treats in so long! Gonna make some this week...

Blueberry Muffin

Post Wed, Dec 16 2009, 9:12 am
I made rice krispie muffin treats last week. Usually I use marshmallow fluff - I microwave the container for about a minute until the fluff is warm and airy and easy to mix and then dumop it into a large pot add add the rice krispies (omitting the margarine). This past week I ran out of it , so I used a kosher brand of marshmallows - didnt work well - I guess kosher marshmallows are not made like the non kosher marshmallows - The marshmallows just got sticky but didn't melt into a marshmallow fluff consistency. I needed to press the marshmallows with a spoon to help it deflate and melt into fluff....

I scooped the hot rice krispie treats into a sprayed muffin tin and then refrigerated it to let it set. I took the "muffins" out, drizzled melted chocolate on top and sprinkled some non parel sprinkles on top - it looks\ed really nice and different.

Yes - you can substitute honey for the corn syrup in the peanutbutter rice krispie recipes. I wouldn't use brown sugar or white sugar for the corn syrup - as you need the "sticky-gooey factor to make the dessert stick together.

Regarding the comment made above that "corn syrup is not so healthy" - neither is sugar, neither is dessert and neither is margarine. - but with some moderation and self control - I think one piece of these rice krispie treats (leaving out the margarine) is a better choice than a piece of cake made with margarine and frosted....
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics