Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Two and half thousand Einiklech????
Previous  1  2  3

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 9:08 am
Ruchel my inlaws have 12 children KE"H. 9 are married, and they have 40 granddchildren already KE"H. (My MIL is disappointed that from 12 kids she wont have 100 grandkids!) and we dont even have such large families! between my IF and another sib's IF and a few others having smallish families, we're expecting grandkids #42 and #43 this month. it's not such a chiddush when you start with 12 kids and multiply.

Raisin

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 9:22 am
my parents have 11 kids kah and so far between 50 and 60 grandchildren. My dd was number 50 but that was 2 years ago. And they have a few great grandchildren already.

And my grandmother had IF and was widowed young so only had one kid...

Contrast that with the gorgeous sweet old lady who comes to eat with us on shabbos. Shes got 3 or 4 kids, about 10 grandchildren, kah all in their 20s or 30s and not a single great grandchild. (none are frum)

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 9:48 am
Even among the frum, in some circles you don't start getting married/having children before your 30's. Not my value, but very common.

sarahd

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 9:53 am
Mama Bear wrote:
It's the well known Mrs Schwartz. She KE"H has about 16 or so kids, they all have large families, so she has 2500 descendants, Beli ayin hora.

I was shocked to hear about her petirah. Cousin Yittele was my mother's first cousin and we thought she would live to see Moshiach for sure. She wasn't even sick or anything. I still can't believe she's not here anymore. What a queen, what a royal personage.

She has 15 living children, all with ka"h large families, and was a great-great grandmother many times over.

(A story about her that my mother loves to retell: Cousin Yittele used to serve each of her children a separate breakfast. One liked his eggs fried, one wanted them soft, one wanted oatmeal and so on. My grandmother told her once, "Yittele, you're crazy. How can you make 15 different breakfasts each day?" To which Cousin Yittele responded, "Is it my kids' fault they're not only children? Why should they suffer just because they're one of fifteen?")

Last edited by sarahd on Tue, Jan 05 2010, 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

wwmom

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 10:11 am
Can you imagine how many phonecalls she must have received each Erev Shabbos?!

sarahd

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 10:21 am
boruchhashem wrote:
No, not all Schwartzs are related. It helps though, that she was married to Schwartz and was also a Schwartz girl.... Wink She not only knew her einiklech by name, she also knew my kids names, and I am only her brothers einikel.

So we're cousins! Smile

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 10:45 am
I can believe it was biological. Do the math. Say she was 18 when her first was born, and keep going. Even if each child averages 9 or 10 it's quite possible.

Isramom8 wrote:
And may all the evil ones who planned to destroy the Jewish People get what they deserve, generations upon generations of beautiful Jewish children.

I think of the story of Gisi Perl a LOT, having a close relative who is a living example. (Since she "only" had 6 herself she's not in the running to set a record, but she did become a double great grandmother in her late seventies, B"H.) The truth is, even a third generation American like myself is a living revenge. We all are.

(OK, thanks for waiting for me while I went upstairs for an Artscroll siddur.) Here's Rav Hirsch on Av Harachamim, on "Vayinkom - May He exact retribution": We do not pray that we be strong enough to avenge our martyrs. Jews are not motivated by a lust to repay violence and murder with violence and murder. Rather we pray that G-d choose how and when to atone for the blood of His fallen martyrs. For the living, decency and integrity remain the primary goals of social life."

Last edited by PinkFridge on Tue, Jan 05 2010, 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

boruchhashem

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 11:44 am
sarahd wrote:
boruchhashem wrote:
No, not all Schwartzs are related. It helps though, that she was married to Schwartz and was also a Schwartz girl.... Wink She not only knew her einiklech by name, she also knew my kids names, and I am only her brothers einikel.

So we're cousins! Smile

That depends on which side she was your cousin from? Her side or her dh side....

safetynet

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 12:04 pm
she was one amazing women...

if she wouldve lived another five yrs it couldve been 5000

sarahd

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 12:07 pm
boruchhashem wrote:
sarahd wrote:
boruchhashem wrote:

So we're cousins! Smile

That depends on which side she was your cousin from? Her side or her dh side....

Her side. Her mother was my grandfather's sister.

Last edited by sarahd on Tue, Jan 05 2010, 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Grandmama

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 12:14 pm
Isramom8 wrote:
So is it 2500 biological descendants, or 2500 including those by marriage?

Well, logically if your granddaughter marries, her husband becomes your grandson, does he not? And when their children marry, the grandmother stays the same.....it would be hard to separate actual blood relatives from the ones that came in through marriage, but it could probably be done on Geni.com,(if someone has not already done it!)

Marigold

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 1:04 pm
Another story about her.
On one purim, her children presented her with a chocolate arrangements that had a chocoloate for each child, grandchild or great grandchild etc. When they counted it for her she told them that they made a mistake and she has more than that. Sure enough, 4 grandchildren were born on that day, since this was prepared in advance these were missing.

freidasima

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 1:30 pm
What an incredible woman. BDE. May she be a melitz yosher for her family, and for all of us here and for all of klal yisroel.

If you want to ever envy someone, envy the zechuyos of someone like that! Wow. What stories.

Marigold

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 1:56 pm
freidasima wrote:
What an incredible woman. BDE. May she be a melitz yosher for her family, and for all of us here and for all of klal yisroel.

If you want to ever envy someone, envy the zechuyos of someone like that! Wow. What stories.

Thumbs Up
That is exactly the thoughts that were going around my head while I was tidying up my apt. How I envy the zechusim she has and what a way for a person to live. Truly tzi Gut and tzi leit.

mammele26

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 2:59 pm
My mother once told me a story about her, that by the war, someone suggested that she should leave her children with non jews till the war is over, to protect them from the nazis ym"sh. She replied: "No, they will come with me. I don't know if they'll make it, 'uber kein shkotzim luz ich nisht iber'!"

(Meaning that as much as she hoped they would survive, she knew that the possibility of them being turned over to Christianity during the war was out of the question! She'd rather they die if those were the options.)

WriterMom

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 5:50 pm
Isramom8 wrote:
And may all the evil ones who planned to destroy the Jewish People get what they deserve, generations upon generations of beautiful Jewish children.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. Beautiful that one woman should live to see so many descendants, and the best kind of revenge, isn't it?

myprincess

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 6:23 pm
Carefulmom wrote:
Did I see you there myprincess?

HI! sure I saw you the one with the black sweater, pleated skirt and shpitzel on your head. Right???? lol which side are you related too?

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 6:50 pm
I sat down witha calculator and came to the conclusion that the 2500 descendants are probably all biological. yes it is possible!!!!!

15 kids KE"H
on average let's say they each had 10 - they have very large famlies, one has 19 kids, one has 16 and so on. that would be 150 grandchildren.

about 130 of the 150 grandchidren are married. On average let's say each ainikel has 8 kids. I mean, some ppl have 13 and some 6. so let's average it at 8. That's 1040 great grandchildren.

About 300 of the great grandchildren are married. Let's say the average size is 4 kids, since some are newly married and some have 6 kids. that's 1200 great great grandchidren.

Now tally up:

= 2405.

So this does NOT include the ones related by marriage - if you add those, you'd add another 1200 ppl to her descendants!!!!

Grandmama

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 7:00 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
I sat down witha calculator and came to the conclusion that the 2500 descendants are probably all biological. yes it is possible!!!!!

15 kids KE"H
on average let's say they each had 10 - they have very large famlies, one has 19 kids, one has 16 and so on. that would be 150 grandchildren.

about 130 of the 150 grandchidren are married. On average let's say each ainikel has 8 kids. I mean, some ppl have 13 and some 6. so let's average it at 8. That's 1040 great grandchildren.

About 300 of the great grandchildren are married. Let's say the average size is 4 kids, since some are newly married and some have 6 kids. that's 1200 great great grandchidren.

Now tally up:

= 2405.

So this does NOT include the ones related by marriage - if you add those, you'd add another 1200 ppl to her descendants!!!!

Thanks for the math mama! This is why people should stay away from get rich quick and pyramid schemes, it takes 6 generations and the number is in the 6 digits!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics