Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
New Jersey restaurants--> need info ASAP

relaxed

Post Sun, Jan 03 2010, 9:00 pm
My dh and I are looking to find a restaurant in or around Livingston, NJ. We're expecting to be there tomorrow, so any help directing us to a good, glatt kosher/ cholov yisroel restaurant somewhere near there would be most helpful.

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, Jan 03 2010, 9:05 pm
there was a pizza place called Jerusalem Restaurant on Rt. 10 when we lived there a few years ago. Cholov yisrael/pas yisrael pizza, sushi, salads, etc (quick service style). Just be careful of the packaged/manufactured products on the shelves bc not all are pas yisroel/cholov yisrael. I can't see anything on the website about the kashrus cert., so I'd call and find out. They were under the The Vaad of Metro West (or something like that name) when we lived in the area.

relaxed

Post Sun, Jan 03 2010, 10:52 pm
I'm pretty sure that we landed there last time we visited the area and made a call to our Rabbi who couldn't vouch for the hashgacha at the time. Would you know if there are any restaurants on the way back from there to Brooklyn?

mltjm

Post Mon, Jan 04 2010, 4:31 pm
The livingston place is under good hechsher as far as I know. I don't know who, but I do know the entire local lubavitch community is comfortable eating there. There is a fancy place in vaux hall called mosaica, they have a website.

relaxed

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 9:01 pm
Thanks for all the suggestions, you all. Spent some nice time with my hubby...at the mall. Not quite the gustatory plan we had in mind but twas all right. Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics