Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Repuplican wins kennedy seat!
Previous  1  2

marina

Post Wed, Jan 20 2010, 4:19 pm
bubby wrote:
ChavieK wrote:
Chapaqudick ever bother anyone? Bothers me more than a kid who took some pictures.

BRILLIANT!! Definitely up for "The Best Post of 2010" award. Cheers Thumbs Up Salut Yes

I didn't realize Brown was running against Kennedy. I thought he was running against Martha Coakley. Who was not involved in any personal scandals as far as I know.

AGINY

Post Wed, Jan 20 2010, 6:24 pm
Democrats are going to loose their grip on our fine country one election at a time. Baruch Hashem for not so small miracles!

Raisin

Post Wed, Jan 20 2010, 6:28 pm
I'm sure the fact that he looked so good in that magazine shot* did not sway any of the voters. Oh no. Looks are so completely unimportant to american voters.

*and still looks pretty handsome 27 years later

AGINY

Post Wed, Jan 20 2010, 9:02 pm
I think the vote was more anti coakly and obama than pro Brown.

HindaRochel

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 12:54 am
It most likely was.
And Coakley didn't necessarily have PERSONAL scandals, but the baby abuse case and the Falls River Day Care case were issues.

bubby

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 1:19 am
The spurious arguments, the stupidity of these fanatical liberals just shows they understand their days are numbered. The fact that Pelosi's usual tactics of "rush it through, change the rules, the dumb morons won't notice till it's too late" have been squashed re Health Care shows even they realize there is only so far they can go.

I am sure there are many Democrats (not to mention all the Marxists & Communists out there) who are shocked at this "betrayal" of good old Ted's legacy. But then again, I'm only a stupid Conservative gloating over this potch in panim (forget the liberal exultation when Barack Hussein Obama was elected.) I'm a Conservative, so I'm too stupid to get it, according to our liberal friends. Oh, well. Leave me to my glee. That's OK. I don't count. Except when I'm joined by millions & millions of like-minded people.

marina

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 7:35 am
Reasonable, intelligent and well-meaning people can disagree over the healthcare bill.

Sadly, if you use rhetoric which lumps in Democrats with Marxists and Communists, you are not one of them.

MommyZ

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 8:23 am
marina wrote:
Reasonable, intelligent and well-meaning people can disagree over the healthcare bill.

Sadly, if you use rhetoric which lumps in Democrats with Marxists and Communists, you are not one of them.

My father runs the environmental science PhD program at the CUNY Graduate Center and he readily admits that there is a very strong Marxist element there all of whom are card carrying Democrats. Perhaps it is that element of the far left that is being referred to?

bubby

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 8:48 am
MommyZ wrote:
marina wrote:

My father runs the environmental science PhD program at the CUNY Graduate Center and he readily admits that there is a very strong Marxist element there all of whom are card carrying Democrats. Perhaps it is that element of the far left that is being referred to?

And don't forget, anyone who disagrees with these principles (of Communism & Marxism, even the philosophies of "Democrats, whoever/whatever they may be) is not "reasonable, intelligent & well-meaning." Those qualities are reserved only for supporters of these three "parties". Conservative Republicans are quite clearly classed as ignorant, intellectual pygmies.

My final word on the topic. Enjoy your prejudices & disdain. I hope they comfort you in the dark days ahead until we actually see "change we can BELIEVE in."

LOL

marina

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 9:31 am
bubby wrote:
MommyZ wrote:
marina wrote:

And don't forget, anyone who disagrees with these principles (of Communism & Marxism, even the philosophies of "Democrats, whoever/whatever they may be) is not "reasonable, intelligent & well-meaning." Those qualities are reserved only for supporters of these three "parties". Conservative Republicans are quite clearly classed as ignorant, intellectual pygmies.

My final word on the topic. Enjoy your prejudices & disdain. I hope they comfort you in the dark days ahead until we actually see "change we can BELIEVE in."

LOL

That's not what I said. I said that people who can't differentiate between Democrats and Communists are not reasonable. I should hope that doesn't include all conservative republicans. That kind of overgeneralization would tarnish many intelligent and thoughtful conservative republicans and I take offense on their behalf.

Bubby, you have no idea what I think about the healthcare mess. You have no idea what political party I affiliate myself with, if any. You have no clue what "principles" I agree or disagree with. You're just claiming that anyone who disagrees with you is a communist. How can I not have disdain for that?

MommyZ- It is likely that Marxists support the Democratic Party over the Republican Party. That doesn't mean that all Democrats are Marxists. Just like NeoNazis probably support the Republican Party, and that does not mean all Republicans are NeoNazis.

MommyZ

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 2:36 pm
marina wrote:
bubby wrote:
MommyZ wrote:
marina wrote:

LOL

That's not what I said. I said that people who can't differentiate between Democrats and Communists are not reasonable. I should hope that doesn't include all conservative republicans. That kind of overgeneralization would tarnish many intelligent and thoughtful conservative republicans and I take offense on their behalf.

Bubby, you have no idea what I think about the healthcare mess. You have no idea what political party I affiliate myself with, if any. You have no clue what "principles" I agree or disagree with. You're just claiming that anyone who disagrees with you is a communist. How can I not have disdain for that?

MommyZ- It is likely that Marxists support the Democratic Party over the Republican Party. That doesn't mean that all Democrats are Marxists. Just like NeoNazis probably support the Republican Party, and that does not mean all Republicans are NeoNazis.

I don't think any conservative republicans believe that all democrats are communists or marxists or if there are those who believe that they are in the extreme minority. It's more of a disagreement on the size and scope of the federal government and strict interpretation of the constitution vs a looser interpretation if I may put it in a little nut shell.

MommyZ

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 2:36 pm
marina wrote:
bubby wrote:
MommyZ wrote:
marina wrote:

LOL

I don't think any conservative republicans believe that all democrats are communists or marxists or if there are those who believe that they are in the extreme minority. It's more of a disagreement on the size and scope of the federal government and strict interpretation of the constitution vs a looser interpretation if I may put it in a little nut shell.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics