Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Children's place shoes versus more expensive ones
Previous  1  2

Marion

Post Thu, Nov 26 2009, 11:36 am
Basically, if I can't bend a shoe in half in one hand I don't buy it for my kids. Davka the cheaper shoes tend to be LESS flexible, because hard plastic/rubber is cheaper than the soft stuff. But I've been happy with the bendability of TCP, and as they get older it gets less important to have quite so much flexibility.

Once they're very sturdy I also make them run in the store...if they run flat-footed I know the shoe's not flexible enough.

avimom

Post Sat, Nov 28 2009, 7:57 pm
I've found that the CP shoes have very thick soles and are not at all flexible (at least the boys' shoes). I bought sneakers there once and DS refused to wear them...

GAMZu

Post Sat, Nov 28 2009, 9:29 pm
I've had good and bad experiences there. By now I can mostly tell if the shoe will be a success or not.
The dressy black boys' shoes get scuff marks on the first wear and it just gets worse.
I've also had one case where the elastic fake shoelaces ripped (they were just for show and weren't involved in the fastening of the shoe. They got stretched and ripped just by existing.)

The leather and suede are really good, though.
But, like most of the people in this thread, I'm talking about the boys'- maybe the girls' are different.

We mostly get Lands' End shoes. On sale for under $20, free shipping almost always... overall great deal.

cse

Post Thu, Feb 04 2010, 11:41 pm
my kids have tcp shoes now and I can definitely see a difference. their quality is not as good. my son's black coating was peeling off and looked terrible. I actually called them up and they let me bring them back to one of their shoe locations and let me exchange it for something comprable...at no cost. don't think I will buy tcp shoes again next time I need. soetimes you can get a good deal on buy.com and then use a coupon code and get 20% off or so and get a much better quality shoe
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains