Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Need a new lightweight (very portable) stroller

6coop

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 6:25 am
I had a chicco lightweight stroller that I really liked, but my dh thought that he put it in the car when he really forgot and left it behind the car and I ran over it Rolling Eyes , so....I need a new stroller. Price is a huge issue (we got the chicco a few years ago for $40 - it was the last year's model). My baby is 9 months old so I would like something that can mostly recline, but it needs to be very lightweight, easy to fold up and open and get in and out of the car, and have a tray (for when we go out). I haven't bought new baby equipment for a long time so I'm not sure where to start. Any recommendations?

chaylizi

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 6:28 am
really lightweight:

graco ipo or mosaic
just about any combi
mac volo/triumph/quest
baby jogger city mini
quinny zapp (probably much more than you want to pay)
uppababy g-lite or g-luxe
possibly baby planet
chicco

some of those don't have trays- you can get an after market add on.

sunny90

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 6:40 am
Another vote for the city mini. It's brilliant and lightweight!

fiddle

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 6:55 am
combi.

random

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 7:07 am
sunny90 wrote:
Another vote for the city mini. It's brilliant and lightweight!

I would recommend the city mini also (that's what we're hopefully getting) for its folding ease, etc, but pricewise, I didn't know if it was too expensive (less than some others, but I haven't seen it for less than $229)

Mommeeeeeeee!

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 8:28 am
no one mentioned the peg perego si yet. it's very lightweight, reclines all the way back, folds with one hand, stands alone when folded, and is super for traveling. it has a bumper bar in front, not a tray, but you may be able to add one on (not made by the same manufacturer thought). The city mini, as others said, is also a great one. The Si is an umbrella fold, city mini is book fold, so consider what would fit your needs better.

6coop

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 9:01 am
Wow! I'm really out of touch with these things. All of the strollers cost a lot more than I thought I would need to spend and half of them don't come with a tray and/or aren't that lightweight. Anything out there for under $100, or am I kidding myself? Now I'm even more upset about our little stroller mishap!

fiddle

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 9:04 am
a combi is under 100 bucks, I have mine for three years. it does not have a snack tray but it is only 11.7 lbs

http://www.combistrollers.com/.....D=860

amother

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 9:11 am
shnoop.com has one today for 69.95 shipped looks like what you are looking for.

MommyZ

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 9:23 am
The combi is light but I've read that the single stroller is flimsy and the basket is tiny. I love my kolcraft contours lite.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Cont.....04571

roze22

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 9:30 am
we paid $110 for our chicco liteway and love it

amother

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 6:41 pm
We got a Babytrend. I think it was this one:

http://www.babytrend.com/strol......html

Fifty bucks. As dh says, "A stroller is meant to get baby from Point A to Point B. Not to ride in style."

It pushes well enough, has lasted me over a year (sorry I can't give you anythign more long term right now), is really light, has a great basket for a lightweight. Not a ton of padding, but ds doesn't seem to mind. I shlep it in and out of the car all the time, and the website says it's 14 pounds (seems like a lot - but I don't feel it's heavy, and I'm at the end of my second pregnancy...) Also has great trays.

chaylizi

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 6:45 pm
Mommeeeeeeee! wrote:
no one mentioned the peg perego si yet. it's very lightweight, reclines all the way back, folds with one hand, stands alone when folded, and is super for traveling. it has a bumper bar in front, not a tray, but you may be able to add one on (not made by the same manufacturer thought). The city mini, as others said, is also a great one. The Si is an umbrella fold, city mini is book fold, so consider what would fit your needs better.

I didn't mention it because the push is awful on mine. I'm not sure if it's a defect or the stroller. The wheels shudder when I push the stroller unless I lock the wheels. It's quite annoying.

chaylizi

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 6:46 pm
6coop wrote:
Wow! I'm really out of touch with these things. All of the strollers cost a lot more than I thought I would need to spend and half of them don't come with a tray and/or aren't that lightweight. Anything out there for under $100, or am I kidding myself? Now I'm even more upset about our little stroller mishap!

why not get another chicco?

6coop

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 6:53 pm
chaylizi wrote:
6coop wrote:

why not get another chicco?

The first thing I did after I ran over the other one Exploding anger was look at the chicco website, but none of the lightweight ones have trays (and I really need the tray), and they work completely differently from the one that I have so I don't know if they're good or not.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics