Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Spoinoff from It's just a frikkin' skirt!!!
Previous  1  2

...how many of us lie on school applications or in our communities generally & have hidden items (like TV's behind bookcases or laptops under the bed)? I'm curious.
I NEVER lie...I don't have anything issur  
 19%  [ 21 ]
I NEVER lie...I'm open about what I have  
 43%  [ 47 ]
I NEVER lie...but I don't exactly advertise what I have  
 32%  [ 35 ]
I hide everything that would get me into trouble  
 2%  [ 3 ]
I WILL lie & deny everything if asked  
 2%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 109

bubby

Post Sat, May 01 2010, 9:05 pm
Someone once told me she was having bookcases built in her house & the carpenter wanted to know where she wanted the hidden TV. Apparently he thought all frum Jews have to hide them!! LOL So when I saw the original thread I was reminded of this story & I got to thinking, what else gets hidden? I know in some communities it's definitely the Internet.

Ruchel

Post Sun, May 02 2010, 11:25 am
Given my dd's charedi affiliated school uses comps, shows tv to the kids and doesn't ask anything except ketuba, I won't have to lie.

Merrymom

Post Sun, May 02 2010, 3:08 pm
I chose a school that's in line with my hashkafos. My sister sends her children to a school that requires them to sign that they won't have the internet in their home and won't allow their children to use the internet elsewhere. I'm the parent, not they so this school wasn't even under consideration once I heard this. I have the internet right in my kitchen with a good filter so I can keep an eye on my kids and so they can benefit from technology.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics