Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
The No-Cry Sleep/Nap Solution--did it work for you?

sunny90

Post Tue, Jun 29 2010, 5:16 am
Since my son was about 5-6 weeks old, I've been trying to get him on a routine. I managed until he was about 4 months old to somewhat follow the EASY, Baby Whisperer routine (but only if I would sit for an extra 45 minutes rocking his crib to keep him asleep for the full 1.5 hour naps), but when it was time for a schedule change at 4 months, he totally flipped out. I tried using a sleep coach but it was interrupted with a trip to Israel for a wedding. When I came back we tried again but it was just not working with him.
Has anyone implemented the No-Cry Sleep solution and had it work? He does not sleep through the night, wakes up at about 5:30 AM and is very hard to put back to sleep after that, and doesn't nap for longer than 45 minutes at a time.
Can anyone help me?
TIA

Plonis

Post Tue, Jun 29 2010, 10:12 am
I think it's worth a read first of all just to see if your sleep expectations are realistic. Depending on what time your baby is going to sleep, waking up for the day at 5:30 may be totally normal. A 45-minute nap is a bit on the short end, but still also within the range of normal.

That being said, the No-Cry Sleep Solution saved me when my kids went through the "wake up every hour or two all night long" phase (with only catnaps).

pinkbubbles

Post Tue, Jul 20 2010, 11:18 am
I wish I could help you more, but unfortunately I went through the same thing, he just grew out of it eventually. He did sleep a little later in the mornings but took 30 minute naps. I tried everything I could read and asked people what to do also..

chaniey

Post Tue, Jul 20 2010, 11:49 am
For those of you who have used the No cry sleep solution successfully...what ideas/methods worked best for you? She has so many ideas in there, I'm not sure what to try and what will work.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics