Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
PROACTIV... HAVE YOU USED IT?????

ValleyMom

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 1:31 pm
Have you used Proactiv?
My daughter wants me to buy it for her but I prefer a professional dermatologist.

Anyone have any experience to share about Proactiv?????????

What are your thoughts??
Please share.

chaiyaz

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 2:10 pm
Yes, I've had great luck with it. I used it in myearly 20s and then picked it up again when I started to breakout again in my 30s and both times it has helped to clear up my skin. I just use it once a day b/c It can be very drying and increase sun sensitivity though, just a heads up.

jackiejoel3

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 2:21 pm
It works great for me and I have been on acutane twice.

CutiePatutie

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 4:14 pm
I had mild acne in my teens and was seeing a dermatologist, but nothing seemed to be working. I heard abt proactiv and asked my dr his opinion, he said hes not gonna tell me what to do, but he didn't recommend it. of course I didn't listen to him, and I tried it, and boy did I regret it. I broke out with a rash all over the place. it stripped all the moisture from my skin- which in turn, made my skin produce oil which caused more pimples...it was a disaster. o and btw- your $ is not a guaranteed as they say it is, I had to put a big fight to get my $ back. Nothing too terrible could happen from trying it, especially if your daughter it really insisting, but I would also recommend going to a dermo, as you suggested.

JollyMommy

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 6:36 pm
hey valleymom- when I worked in our local school, a teachers aid was a pharmacists wife and told me "your skin is bad, I have something that will make it amazing"- she's israeli and I wasn't offended, she gave me free samples of a cream that is prescription only (illegal) and after a week my skin was not only clear but absolutely gorgeous. seriously. I used to wear a lot of makeup, now I still do but just for fun and not to cover up.

don't bother with anything else- it's about $100 for a box of these little packets, it lasts me about 6 months, because after the 1st week your skin is different- shiny, healthy, pimple free! I feel like an infomercial..

it's called benzamycin pak, I think it's pretty typical stuff prescription only, if you can't find it pm me and I'll help you get a hold of it.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 7:13 pm
esteec wrote:

it's called benzamycin pak, I think it's pretty typical stuff prescription only, if you can't find it pm me and I'll help you get a hold of it.

I've used prescription Benzamycin with very good results. You can get the generic version for a few dollars with insurance.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 3:24 pm
didn't work for my dd.

mricci

Post Tue, Aug 17 2010, 12:00 am
I tried it several years ago, and it did not help much with my acne. I had acne as a teen and still have it an adult. what keeps it in check for me is Retin-A (the generic is tretinoin). a dermatologist or even her primary care doctor can prescribe this.

RedTwizzler

Post Fri, Aug 20 2010, 5:22 pm
I bought the set and it changed the texture of my skin to make it bumpy and rough. It went back to normal after a few weeks but maybe my skin is just sensitive. I highly recommend the refining mask by that brand though as a spot treatment. That works great! They sell proactive products on ebay so you can get it for much cheaper than the stores.

Mirabelle

Post Fri, Aug 20 2010, 5:40 pm
I saw a dermatologist last year because after my twins were born my skin started breaking down. They gave me all kinds of stuff and none of it worked.

I had used proactive years ago and decided to give it another round and it worked! I bought it on ebay, so it was cheaper.

I dont think there is ONE product that will work for everyone. When I was in high school I was on accutane and that was the only prescription med that ever cleared up my acne.

ValleyMom

Post Fri, Aug 20 2010, 5:42 pm
Well, we spent 45 minutes with the dermatologist on Wednesday and she put her on a skin regimen that should clear up all her acne. The Dr. said she has a mild case but teens are hyper sensitive so I made sure we took the time--for her self esteem! At any rate... I received three huge bags of cleanser, antiobiotic and moisterizer and she wrote all the directions down and she said if we follow the daily skin care regimen we will have great results. The Doctor was so loving and kind... wht a treat to deal with such a warm doctor! Her product line is very reasonable... a large bottle of gentle skin cleanser was $12 and a large bottle of gentle moisterizer was $13oo.
Can't beat that!!

Thanks for all your informative respoinses to my post!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains