Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby turns over in her sleep

kaye

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 9:17 pm
Three and a half month old ds starting turning from his back to his stomach while sleeping. I try turning him on his back, but before I know it he is on his stomach again. I am so nervous and have trouble sleeping at night as I constantly get up to check on him. Any advice?

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 9:20 pm
Wow. Call your dr maybe and ask him what he advises you to do...

causemommysaid

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 9:27 pm
I was told by my dr that if the baby can do it themselves then there is no need to be worried. can he roll the other way also?

make sure his crib has no bumpers and the sheets are tight and there are no blankets or toys or stuffed animals in the crib and it should be ok.

dress him in a sleeper rather then give him a blanket and you should have less to worry about

sped

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 9:48 am
I had this issue too. I don't think there is anything you can do. I tried "fighting" with him one night - turning him back over and over, but guess who won the battle LOL ?
He now sleeps on his stomach and B"H seems okay for it - may Hashem help further.

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 10:19 am
Once a kid is old enough to roll over on their own, it's usually okay, though that is a bit young. Your doctor would tell you if it's a concern at this age.

deech007

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 10:47 am
going thrue same thing but the problem is my daughter turns on her stomach and cant turn back she gets frustrated and starts to cry I turn her back but this goes on the whole knight im so sleep deprived help me any suggestions would be greet thank you

melalyse

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 6:14 pm
I am thrilled once my babies learn how to flip over onto their stomachs. They sleep much better and I don't have to worry anymore. I was freaked out by this by my first, but my mom and my pediatrician both told me that you shouldn't put them there to begin with, but once they get there on their own not to worry.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics