Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Please help me with kvetching!

amother

Post Sat, Oct 23 2010, 9:57 pm
DD is wonderful, amazing, and sweet! I love her more than words can say! But she gets into these kvetching fits... (she's sometimes not even legitimately upset) and it really tries my patience. I need to do something about myself in this situation, because I don't want to react harshly. I know this will pass over time, and I keep reminding her that I will hear her when she talks nicely, and I try to stay calm, but honestly, I sometimes just want to scream. It's so frustrating!! What can I do??????

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Oct 23 2010, 10:28 pm
If it's whining, you have to tell her that you can't hear her. and be firm !

acccdac

Post Sat, Oct 23 2010, 11:46 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
If it's whining, you have to tell her that you can't hear her. and be firm !

I second this, we did it with my son and he's SOOOOOOOOO much better. you just have to be consistent and stick with it (honestly a lot of times when he whines I simply cant understand him so even if I wanted to give in I can because I dont know what I'm answering)

shopaholic

Post Sun, Oct 24 2010, 9:48 am
My mother told us & I do the same to my kids "I can't hear you when you whine!" & walk away. Refuse to listen unless she lowers her tone.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Oct 24 2010, 10:46 am
how old is she? if she is like my daughter, young (my daughter is almost 2.5) they are too young to understand "I dont hear the moaning".

its something that they just have to learn.

su7kids

Post Sun, Oct 24 2010, 11:06 am
I don't think she's too young to learn. I think you can either say "my ears don't work when you talk like that" or you can say "Ok, you want to tell me xyz, say it like this and maybe I will hear you" and model it and have her repeat it. She will get it so fast.

CONSISTENCY.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics