Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How much formula?

sped

Post Sun, Nov 07 2010, 11:41 pm
I am starting a new job Bez"H and will need to have the babysitter give my six-month old one formula bottle each day. (I will pump for one feeding but can't for two). How much formula is the norm for a feeding? I usually pump a bit over 4 ouncs. Is it the the same amount?
Thanks!

good wifey

Post Mon, Nov 08 2010, 12:36 am
My dd took approx 5-6 ounces at that age.
First try giving your baby the same amount ounces as you pump. But prepare for more. See the reaction.
Pumping is not always actual. Your baby is probably getting more while breast feeding than when you pump.
Good Luck!

6yeladim

Post Mon, Nov 08 2010, 5:34 am
Since I imagine you are starting solids about now or pretty soon, can you ask the sitter to give that meal when you are at work? Then you may be able to buy less formula or cut it out completely.

e1234

Post Mon, Nov 08 2010, 6:02 am
I give 180 cc and it's the same thing as I give her for the feeding of pumped milk.

sped

Post Tue, Nov 09 2010, 8:48 am
Thanks! We started today with a little bit before feeding. Before I left he took 1/2 of the 60 cc I prepared. At the babysitter he took 60 cc and then only part of the pumped milk I left him. Tomorrow we will do a feeding of just formula and see how much he wants. We will start with 120 and add as neccesary.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics