Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Gluten Free Quiche/Frittata or similar

dlj

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 5:28 pm
Does anyone have a recipe for a gluten free quiche style dish? Or perhaps a nice chunky frittata?

I'm entertaining for brunch and have a guest with coeliac disease so would like to be able to accommodate them nicely. All my salads etc are suitable but I now want to substitute my mushroom quiche with something else! I've got loads of mushrooms, milk, eggs etc and all the usual quiche ingredients.

Any suggestions and recipes welcome!

ra_mom

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 5:35 pm
Crustless Spinach Quiche - Binah Magazine

1 lb. frozen spinach
4 eggs
1 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp Kosher salt
1 Tbsp milk
1/2 cup shredded (cheddar) cheese

Place frozen spinach in colander or strainer and let it defrost. Press the spinach to release excess water. Place into a bowl with eggs, black pepper, salt and milk, and mix well.
Heat an 8"-inch skillet with 1 Tbsp oil. Pour spinach mixture into skillet, add cheese in an even layer, and mix gently to incorporate. Cover with a lod and cook on low flame for 5 - 10 minutes until it becomes one piece. Cut into wedges and serve warm.

(I like more salt, and it takes me much longer until it sets.)

Last edited by ra_mom on Sat, Dec 18 2010, 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Raisin

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 7:26 pm
I make frittata the whole time. I don't really use a recipe, just whatever veggies I am in the mood of. In a non stick frying pan (you can use small or big pan depending on how large you want it. I prefer a small pan and make a few different varieties) fry onions and any veggies you like (pepper, courgette, carrots cut very small or grated, garlic) for a few minutes until cooked. Pour in beaten eggs over the veggies. turn heat down to medium. keep folding over the sides as they harden and let the runny egg in the middle go over. (this is kind of hard to describe) When it is almost set on top sprinkle on some parmesan cheese (or any cheese), wrap some foil round the handle, and put it under the grill for about 5 minutes.

turn out onto a plate and cut into wedges.

you can add some italian style herbs in with the eggs.

KosherCook

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 3:56 pm
This easy quiche is so quick. I make it all the time. The recipe calls for 3 T flour/matza meal, but you can leave it out.

3 eggs
8-9oz tub cottage cheese/gvina levana
~8oz grated cheese
whatever you want in your quiche - canned mushrooms (2 cans), ~10oz broccoli/onion/corn etc etc

Mix it all together. Pour into an 8 inch square dish and bake at 180 for about 40 minutes or until golden.

dlj

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 4:22 pm
Thank you - appreciate the recipes and suggestions!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals