Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
I have a biter- Sippy cup with non-rubber/ silicone nipple??

Tapuzi

Post Tue, Dec 21 2010, 3:58 pm
My 18 month old DS still takes his milk in bottles in the morning, before his nap and before bed. I do let him take the naptime and bedtime bottles into bed with him but he does drink it all before he falls asleep so my doctor said it was not a big deal. He will take some water or other liquid from a cup, I have a bunch of different ones but he has never liked to take milk from a cup. So his new thing is biting the nipples, ripping them or even taking the tip right off! I think I should try to seperate the milk from the crib and I want to find a cup that he will take milk from and that he won't bite through. Any suggestions?

Nomad

Post Tue, Dec 21 2010, 4:04 pm
http://www.toysrus.com/product.....93342

these are made out of hard plastic so he cant break pieces off even if he chews them up

Tapuzi

Post Tue, Dec 21 2010, 5:11 pm
Thank you so much, I will try them.

AlwaysGrateful

Post Tue, Dec 21 2010, 9:17 pm
No no do not use these! Sure, he can't bite off the nipple, but the top does not screw on - it's very easy to pop it off. It also doesn't work like a bottle at all - it's very hard to get the liquid out.

I use the sippy cups they sell at Target. They have a plug on the inside, a hard nipple, and a top that screws on.

Almost any sippy cup you can find (with a hard nipple) will be better than the Take n Toss ones...I hope you didn't buy them yet!

cuties' mom

Post Tue, Dec 21 2010, 9:24 pm
I use the playtex. Ds bit the soft spout cups and all the straw cups (playtex, munchkin, nuby, etc) but the playtex ones last and are spill proof.

AlwaysGrateful

Post Tue, Dec 21 2010, 9:27 pm
Playtex! Those are the ones I buy at Target.

So yes, I agree. Playtex cups are really good and solid.

Tapuzi

Post Wed, Dec 22 2010, 11:57 am
uy, I did order them and then of course it occured to me that he would just pop the top off- I do have the take and toss with the straws for smoothies and if I don't watch him he pops the top right off.
Do you mean these:

http://www.playtexbaby.com/Cup......aspx

Also, I would love advice from anyone who used to put the baby down with the bottle and then stopped doing that. I had planned to wait until he was a bit older and really understood me saying "from now on first we have our bottie then we go into bed" but I think I have to try now. When I intially stopped nursing him before sleep and switched to the bottle I tried giving him the bottle while we read but he would not really finish it or settle as easily as he does when I give him the bottle in bed.

AlwaysGrateful

Post Wed, Dec 22 2010, 4:03 pm
I actually had those at the beginning, but my son was sort of "teething" on the top, even when he was two years old. It's really good for the transition, though.

The ones we use now are these: http://www.playtexbaby.com/Cup.....ipper or the Insulator ones. The spouts are made of REALLY hard plastic and can't be chewed. But that means it also might be hard for a kid to transition to them from a bottle.

If you can afford it, I would start with the first kind, then switch to the second. If not...I'm not sure. It depends on what you are more nervous about - him not accepting the sippy cup, or him chewing off the top.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics