Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Cleaning washing machine rubber seal

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 3:05 pm
Has anyone used "clean soon" product to remove the mold on seal of front loader?
Washing machine smells and trying first to remove the mold. Wondering what your experience was with this product.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:37 pm
amother OP wrote:
Has anyone used "clean soon" product to remove the mold on seal of front loader?
Washing machine smells and trying first to remove the mold. Wondering what your experience was with this product.

Trying again.
Curious if this is a toxic product

amother
Blush

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:39 pm
I used it did not help

what really helped was getting a new rubber on amazon and dh changed it

zaq

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:43 pm
Contact the manufacturer--phone number or website should be on the label-- and ask for a copy of the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for the product. There are different types of mold removers and the hazards vary with the type of chemical.

ETA I tried but failed to find an SDS for this product. Due to this lack, and the fact that it's made in China, a country not famed for its spectacular health and safety standards , I wouldn't touch this product with a HazMat suit and a ten-foot pole. It may be utterly innocuous, but methinks that anything that claims to remove heavy mold is not going to be kind to the human body. And the lack of any hazard information at all sets off my alarm bells and makes me wonder what they're hiding.

Shepping

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 11:01 pm
Just wondering is it common to get mold on it? I had it and when I left my apartment my landlord deducted some of the deposit $ towards it. I had felt very bad that I ruined their washing machine.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 11:03 pm
Shepping wrote:
Just wondering is it common to get mold on it? I had it and when I left my apartment my landlord deducted some of the deposit $ towards it. I had felt very bad that I ruined their washing machine.

Think pretty easily
Once the door is closed after the cycle , the water is trapped in and doesn't dry properly causing the mold
For sure had mold after 2 yrs of use , maybe earlier
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry