Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
AMEX Free 25$

JAWSCIENCE

Post Thu, Dec 30 2010, 12:57 pm
Here is the offer:
Spend at least $25 at independently-owned small biz's thru NYE with your AmEx, get $25 back!
Go here, enroll your American Express card, and spend $25+ at independently-owned small businesses between now and Dec. 31, and get a credit on your CC statement for $25!

Details: To be eligible for this offer, you must register your eligible American Express Card between November 8, 2010 and December 31, 2010. You may only register one Card for this offer. Using your registered American Express Card, you must spend $25 or more at one or more participating small business merchants between 11/27/2010 and 12/31/2010 to receive the $25 statement credit.

Eligible merchants include any independently owned small businesses that accept the American Express Card. Purchases made online, at large, national chains, at franchised business locations and at government agencies are not eligible. Prepaid and corporate cards and ExpressPay transactions are not eligible.

If your Card is replaced during the promotional period, please call the customer service number on the back of your Card for assistance. Registration is limited to the first 300,000 enrollees. Limit one statement credit per Cardmember. Statement credits are generally issued within 5 business days after your qualifying purchase, but may take up to 2 billing cycles to post to your account. Additional terms apply; see Registration Terms and Conditions for details.

I registered my AMEX. I went to Pic 'N Pay because I happen to be in Brooklyn and bought 27$ worth of cheese. The rebate has all ready appear.ed My card has been credited with 25$. So I just got a lot of free food. My SIL registered her card and went to Shnitzys and her card has also been credited back the 25$.

This is free money people! Just make sure you register your card and then go to a store that qualifies as a small business. It expires tomorrow, so time is of the essence. It only works once, so select your store wisely. At the very least register your card and maybe some of your usual shopping will qualify.

Marigold

Post Thu, Dec 30 2010, 1:18 pm
Thanks jaw. But were do I enroll my card?

JAWSCIENCE

Post Thu, Dec 30 2010, 1:26 pm
woops.

https://enroll.amexnetwork.com/US/sbs/

that should do it.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Dec 30 2010, 1:35 pm
Thanks! I enrolled. Hopefully my local grocery accepts amex. . .

ganizzy

Post Thu, Dec 30 2010, 1:45 pm
you can enroll more then one amex - and u can use secondary cardholders numbers also

saw50st8

Post Thu, Dec 30 2010, 1:58 pm
Very cool! Thanks!

JAWSCIENCE

Post Thu, Dec 30 2010, 2:35 pm
ganizzy wrote:
you can enroll more then one amex - and u can use secondary cardholders numbers also

Correct! DH has two AMEX cards (long story) and he registered them both so AMEX has given my family a total of 75$ with this deal.

I have not tried the secondary cardholders because we don't have anyway. But if it worked for you...Great!!!

Liba

Post Thu, Dec 30 2010, 2:48 pm
"To be eligible for this offer, you must register your eligible American Express Card between November 8, 2010 and December 31, 2010. You may only register one Card for this offer. Using your registered American Express Card, you must spend $25 or more at one or more participating small business merchants between 11/27/2010 and 12/31/2010 to receive the $25 statement credit."

zipporah

Post Thu, Dec 30 2010, 3:12 pm
JAWSCIENCE wrote:
Here is the offer:
Spend at least $25 at independently-owned small biz's thru NYE with your AmEx, get $25 back!
Go here, enroll your American Express card, and spend $25+ at independently-owned small businesses between now and Dec. 31, and get a credit on your CC statement for $25!

This is free money people! Just make sure you register your card and then go to a store that qualifies as a small business. It expires tomorrow, so time is of the essence. It only works once, so select your store wisely. At the very least register your card and maybe some of your usual shopping will qualify.

Just a note- I have a friend who works for Darche Noam in Jerusalem and he said that donations to Darche also qualify for this:

Register AMEX for Darche Noam

After registering you must contact Dani Stieglitz, our Alumni Relations Coordinator and Fundraising Associate, with your AMEX card number so we can make the $25 charge. You can e-mail him at dani@darchenoam.org or call 646-688-3546.

JAWSCIENCE

Post Thu, Dec 30 2010, 4:18 pm
Liba wrote:
"To be eligible for this offer, you must register your eligible American Express Card between November 8, 2010 and December 31, 2010. You may only register one Card for this offer. Using your registered American Express Card, you must spend $25 or more at one or more participating small business merchants between 11/27/2010 and 12/31/2010 to receive the $25 statement credit."

It works anyway. If you've got a business and a personal card it will work. Don't know about two personals.

Liba

Post Thu, Dec 30 2010, 4:36 pm
JAWSCIENCE wrote:
Liba wrote:

It works anyway. If you've got a business and a personal card it will work. Don't know about two personals.

It doesn't make it ethical though.

There is a limit to the number of people who can get the offer, so even if you aren't concerned about stealing from the company, you are stealing from the other people who won't get the deal because you are double and triple dipping.

JAWSCIENCE

Post Thu, Dec 30 2010, 5:56 pm
I don't think using a personal and a business card is double dipping. They are two separate entities: the business and the person. The personal card bought groceries for the person. The business card bought printer toner for the business. If they didn't want business's to be able to reap these benefits then they should have excluded businesses from the deal.

As for tripple dipping, it does not say per household. It says per person. There are two people in this household that have an AMEX card. So two people get to use the offer.

So I have no ethical problems with my usage of the deal.

shmeichel

Post Thu, Dec 30 2010, 6:21 pm
what if you spend less than $25? will it still work?

zipporah

Post Thu, Dec 30 2010, 6:33 pm
JAWSCIENCE wrote:
I don't think using a personal and a business card is double dipping. They are two separate entities: the business and the person. The personal card bought groceries for the person. The business card bought printer toner for the business. If they didn't want business's to be able to reap these benefits then they should have excluded businesses from the deal.

As for tripple dipping, it does not say per household. It says per person. There are two people in this household that have an AMEX card. So two people get to use the offer.

So I have no ethical problems with my usage of the deal.

From a business perspective, we certainly considered business cards and personal cards as separate when clients used them for funding. The purpose of incorporating (usually required for a business card) is to establish a new entity. We wouldn't even allow clients to transfer funds from one account to the other, even if the client showed proof that the corporation's shares were fully owned by the client.

JAWSCIENCE

Post Thu, Dec 30 2010, 6:39 pm
shmeichel wrote:
what if you spend less than $25? will it still work?

No it will not. You need to spend 25$. I know a friend of mine went to small diner and their bill for two people was only 16$. They left a ten dollar tip to make up the difference. That must have been one happy waiter.

shmeichel

Post Thu, Dec 30 2010, 6:43 pm
got it!!! thanks:)

lollygirl

Post Thu, Dec 30 2010, 6:53 pm
Thank you jawscience!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains