Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
15 month old eating...

amother

Post Mon, Jan 17 2011, 5:50 pm
Does my 15 month old baby have to eat 3 meals a day? She eat breakfast lunch I for some reason skip and dinner she doesn't always wanna eat! Do I have to force her to eat chicken? She of course runs to the nosh closet how can I teach her to eat healthy suff? She doesn't like chicken doesn't like potatoes no eggs...

Fabulous

Post Mon, Jan 17 2011, 5:53 pm
keep experimenting. Also, she's at a young enough age that she doesn't know what junk really is. Stop the nosh altogether. Get it out of the house or store it high up and don't eat it when she's up.

Try something different every day and then go back to the things she refused a week later. When I told my pediatrician that my son didn't like any green veggies (around 9 months), he told me his taste buds are not set in stone, keep trying. Eventually he liked them. Hatzlacha!

Shalshelet

Post Mon, Jan 17 2011, 5:55 pm
I would say no. Usually babies know what they need. If you force it, it may backfire into a bad eating problem. I don't have real nosh in the house (bamba is about it). I usually have cut fruit, vegetables, nuts, etc. in a muffin tray that she can access anytime. If she asks for a snack near mealtime, I tell her "after you eat some of this" or I alternate one bite chicken, one bite bamba (or what have you).

maofboys

Post Mon, Jan 17 2011, 8:33 pm
I don't think you should every force her to eat. but maybe you are waiting too long, she may be hungry earlier and by the time dinner comes she just wants a snack and bed.

my son was never hungry at dinner just wanted his bottle, I started feeding him dinner earlier and putting him to bed when I ate dinner and he actually slept longer.

mommalah

Post Mon, Jan 17 2011, 8:40 pm
Your 15 month old has access to the nosh cabinet?!?! shock

Bliss

Post Mon, Jan 17 2011, 10:03 pm
I really think you should find a way with her. Little kids need healthy meals and not junk instead. Does she get a lot of snacks during the day and before dinner too? That might take away her appetite for healthy food.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 17 2011, 11:32 pm
Mommala- no she doesn't have access to the closet but he BH is very smart and she chaps when I open the cabinet to take anything she comes running and yells that she wants something.....

squirrelmonkey

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 10:40 pm
I think a lot of children eat a big breakfast or lunch and don't eat a lot for dinner. My son is 20 months and his biggest meal is lunch. I usually give him meat and vegetables for lunch and for dinner he usually eats very light foods like cheese and some fruit or yogurt.
Hope this helps!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics