Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Do you have a grill pan that you love?

lollygirl

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 7:21 pm
I HATE my George Foreman. I want to buy a really good, non-stick easy to clean grill pan. Do you have one? If so, what brand? I don't want to spend too much $.
Thanks!

yo'ma

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 8:02 pm
I don't know how mine compares to the george foreman grill, but I have one that starts with an m and we love it. I'm not home right now and won't be until next week and I don't remember the name of it. I know it starts with an m and I think there's an x in there somewhere, maybe the end. I don't know which countries they sell this brand in, but I think it might be from Italy. I bought it here, in Argentina.

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Jan 14 2011, 12:10 pm
I have a grill pan and love it. I think it's Calphalon.

acccdac

Post Fri, Jan 14 2011, 12:43 pm
I kind of have the same question as lollygirl, I have a grill pan that I bought in crate and barrel but the black is coming off and I need to replace it.

anyone have a griill that you put on the stove top but it's not a frying pan? is it worth getting that one verses a frying pan type?

Dev80

Post Sun, Jan 16 2011, 9:28 am
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.co.....36973

I have this capahalon square grill pan. I'm really happy with it:
-it cleans soooo easily. We sometimes make things on there that really burn (like the bbq sauce we put on hot dogs) and it's just so easy to clean off.
-it's huge so it fits tons. If I'm grilling a pack of shnitzel, the whole thing fits.

It's a bit to big for my sink so washing it can be annoying, cuz I'd still rather a big grill pan that holds everything. Also, caphalon stuff is generally a bit heavy but that doesn't really bother me. My cousin has the circular one and she likes that, but I like having a square one.

Hope this helps!

lollygirl

Post Sun, Jan 16 2011, 9:39 am
Thank you Dev. Do you still get those nice black lines as if you would grill on a BBQ?

Dev80

Post Sun, Jan 16 2011, 10:36 am
some and some. If I'm doing hotdogs or hamburgers then I do, but if I do shnitzel I usually do very small pieces like for a salad so I don't really leave it on long enough to get lines b/c I don't want it to get dried out. But, if you were doing it with a marinade or something and left it on for longer shnitzel would also probably get lines.

lollygirl

Post Mon, Jan 17 2011, 6:40 pm
Thanks Dev! Just bought it today Smile

Dev80

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 4:35 am
yay! Enjoy!! and especially enjoy the cleaning of it Smile

chaya35

Post Mon, Jan 31 2011, 3:24 pm
does any have the All Clad 12" round grill pan or 11" square grill pan? Are you happy with it? What's the difference between round and square?

SoulFullLi

Post Mon, Jan 31 2011, 3:32 pm
I have the AllClad 12" and I ADORE it. I wish it came with a lid, but I use foil to cover it as needed. It's been great!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics