Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
I feed my baby food on the floor.
Previous  1  2

Mommastuff

Post Tue, Feb 08 2011, 8:02 pm
One of my kids today left a lower cabinet door ajar today and I came into the kitchen today to see my baby eating the crackers that he spilled on the floor. I had just swept but didn't just clean the floor yet.

what can ya do? Smile

MrsMortgage

Post Tue, Feb 08 2011, 8:19 pm
There is a HUGE difference between your child getting at something himself, and you feeding it to him!

Ilovehashem26

Post Tue, Feb 08 2011, 9:34 pm
I do the same thing!!!!! I figure, if I would eat it off the floor, its safe for him too.
I hold by the 500 second rule.

golden judgement

Post Tue, Feb 08 2011, 11:30 pm
The very yummiest, most enjoyed treats (it seems) are the 3 week old pretzels that my baby finds under the couch. Smile

momigor

Post Wed, Feb 09 2011, 1:17 am
Our shoes walk in dog excrement from the streets, ewww!

Mommastuff

Post Wed, Feb 09 2011, 9:51 am
MrsMortgage wrote:
There is a HUGE difference between your child getting at something himself, and you feeding it to him!

not in terms of germs!
If you're talking about feeding your dc "respectfully", well, that's different.

MrsMortgage

Post Wed, Feb 09 2011, 9:56 am
I'm talking in term of you teaching your child that it's normal to eat off the floor!! Do you really think your baby knows the difference between wet & dry tidbits from the floor? Or between a cheerio and a dead spider?

imaima

Post Wed, Feb 09 2011, 1:06 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I do it. My baby is much happier being able to move about instead of strapped into a high chair. I don't feel bad...how do you think she started eating solids? By finding the food that fell onto the floor Smile

Same here... Is your baby also around 10-12 months old? They must be soul sisters...

obagys

Post Wed, Feb 09 2011, 1:15 pm
MrsMortgage wrote:
I'm talking in term of you teaching your child that it's normal to eat off the floor!! Do you really think your baby knows the difference between wet & dry tidbits from the floor? Or between a cheerio and a dead spider?

So let's say I give my 9 month old a cracker. She takes a bite, then puts it down on the floor while she chews and babbles, then picks it up again to eat more...should I take it away from her and give her a new cracker cause it was on the floor?

MrsMortgage

Post Wed, Feb 09 2011, 1:39 pm
obagys wrote:
MrsMortgage wrote:

So let's say I give my 9 month old a cracker. She takes a bite, then puts it down on the floor while she chews and babbles, then picks it up again to eat more...should I take it away from her and give her a new cracker cause it was on the floor?
within reason... We don't wear shoes in the house and I wash the floors regularly, so as long as the cracker was dry I would be ok with it. In general I didnt give my kid food to crawl around with I just never thought it was a good idea..

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Feb 09 2011, 2:30 pm
imaima wrote:
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I do it. My baby is much happier being able to move about instead of strapped into a high chair. I don't feel bad...how do you think she started eating solids? By finding the food that fell onto the floor Smile

Same here... Is your baby also around 10-12 months old? They must be soul sisters...
Yes, she'll be 11 months in a couple days.

She's too young for me to put it on a chair or low table as she's just beginning to pull herself up. Putting it in a bowl is useless as she dumps it out. I'd much rather, germ wise, have her eat fresh Cheerios than food that was her siblings' and fell on the floor, so I don't buy that argument. She's putting stuff in her mouth anyway. At least let it be hers.
For meals, sure she's eating in a highchair. Squirming, though. But I'm not feeding her messy foods on the floor...just dry goods,

RPESN

Post Wed, Feb 09 2011, 6:17 pm
Sorry MrsMortgage, no offense meant, but most babies I've ever known, whether from families like yours or more relaxed homes, would perfectly happily put a spider/slug/bug/stone/leaf/whatever into their mouths. it seems to be the way they are programmed.

Isramom8

Post Wed, Feb 09 2011, 6:20 pm
It's the principle of the thing. I serve food in a utensil or on a napkin because I show respect for my child and the food and hygiene. If he dumps it onto the floor then that is his cheshbon.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics