Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Question for MO. I am curious.....
Previous  1  2

Happy18

Post Tue, Feb 08 2011, 6:20 pm
I have a few friends who do this and I just dont understand it. But I've never asked. Don't want to cause a problem. Smile

sequoia

Post Tue, Feb 08 2011, 6:21 pm
I'm sure they won't mind if you ask nicely.

Happy18

Post Tue, Feb 08 2011, 6:49 pm
sorry but knowing these people as well as I do, I would manage to offend someone.

mirror

Post Tue, Feb 08 2011, 6:59 pm
I was told that the question about pants comes from the posuk, " Lo Tilbash Isha Klei Zayin." A woman should not wear ????????? Many Rabbonim interpret this to mean, men's clothing.

Nowadays, so many women wear pants, that pants is no longer considered men's clothing. This adds to the confusion.

Some Rabbonim forbid women to wear pants, based on the fact that it used to be for men only. Other Rabbonim permit wearing pants, since there are pants that are specifically made for women.

Each woman has to follow her Rav.

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Feb 08 2011, 7:30 pm
I know someone who wears jeans, a tank top and a sheital to go clubbing with her dh.

mae1984

Post Wed, Feb 09 2011, 2:10 am
I cover my hair and wear pants

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Feb 09 2011, 2:19 am
for all of you who wear pants and cover your hair, I think that the OP was more so asking about pants and a WIG, not covering in general, but a wig more specifically.

I think that she wanted to know if specifically a wig with pants was weird.

chanchy123

Post Wed, Feb 09 2011, 2:26 am
I was going to join in with the Israeli Imamothers saying that it is fairly common in Israel for women to cover their hair, but never with a wig, and wear pants, either loose fitting or not.
But then I remember that I once saw my aunt in the US dressed like that. She wears tznius pants and covers her hair, but to work she has to wear a sheital.
I don't think it was my aunt you saw, but I guess there could be other women like that out there.

chanchy123

Post Wed, Feb 09 2011, 2:36 am
Isramom8 wrote:
Lady Godiva wrote:
I have a friend who goes to the beach in a bathing suit, but covers her hair there.

That is exactly what a woman my mother knew did. Another wore pants and a head covering to go running. My neighbor does the same. Personally I can run in a loose skirt.

I would personally do the same thing. According to my knowledge of halacha, this is totally permissible. I wear loose fitting pants when needed and have no issue with that. However that does not negate the halacha of covering one's head. Many women I know do this.

Ronit

Post Thu, Feb 10 2011, 7:09 pm
I guess it isn't that common in the US.

Thanks for your replies. I learnt something new today. Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions