Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Mini DV camcorders...

hindyandrafi

Post Wed, Feb 23 2005, 11:06 am
I know a few of you have the dvd camcorder, but I was advised against one by soemone in the field who thinks they are a fad......

he told me to go for the mini DV ones that come with the softwear that you can make your own DVDS... he says they are alot cheaper and better quality....

do any of you have them and what do you think is a good buy???

girliesmommy

Post Wed, Feb 23 2005, 2:24 pm
I have the JVC mini DV (GR-DX97). I love it! It is so small that it fits into a pocket, but at the same time it's not too small to hold steady. I saw it rated in Parent's magazine as one of the top 10 and it got in for its size. They quoted it as being about $600 but my parents bought mine, and I'm pretty sure they didn't pay that!

Yael

Post Thu, Mar 03 2005, 9:21 pm
I have the Canon ZR-70 (or 75/80, some number like that) mini-DV camcorder, and I think its great. we did a lot of research before we got it and it was rated as one of the best for its price. I've never had any trouble with it, and it has all the features I need and could possibly think of. I think it was in the price range of around 400 US, but I'm really not sure b/c we got a bunch of accesories with it and paid in canadian dollars.

gryp

Post Thu, Mar 03 2005, 11:32 pm
we have a samsung- I forget the number but I could look it up if you want. it costed about 350 + 100 for the warranty. its great and we use it all the time, but I wish the digital camera had better quality prints. I cant print pictures bigger than 4x6. Sad but it does a good job for other things and has fantastic features, ie. nite pix, zoom and effects,... its simple to download onto the computer and email to family and friends. it also came with software. I also found a place online to buy mini-DV's really cheap!

mommy2

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 3:00 pm
hi I had a mini camcorder that was under warranty, it broke and now I exchanged it for a new one, 3 yrs later so its a better model. Question- I exchanged it for a mini dv one, was that a good choice or should I switch it for a dvd camcorder? Next question-does anyone know where I can buy a cheap battery and case, in the store its 100$?

brooklyn

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 3:16 pm
The digital DVD recorders are great in terms of picture quality, the problem is the amount you can record on each DVD. I think it is only like 30 min as opposed to 90 mins on on the mini.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars