Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Question about Binahs serials
Previous  1  2

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 8:05 pm
Intrigued: you got into the serials a little too late to be able to catch up on the entire story.

but in short:

The Blimele saga takes place sometime before WWII. She was kidnapped by Dagleshi from her home, where he had done some fancy iron work. He kidnapped her because his sister Maxilla's daughter Radomi had drowned and she was very depressed. Maxilla is blind so she doesnt know that it's not her daughter. the told her she was alive. the Romani's are doing everything for her, kosher food, etc., just so that they can keep up the charade for Maxilla. Blimele is all of 8 years old.

Esther and Yaffa were classmates. yaffa treated Esther the same way when they were kids as well. Once, Yaffa was in the middle of a shidduch - I dont know if it was with her husband or a different one - and Esther had kinda thumbed her nose at it when she was asked for information. She felt guilty for many years that it was her fault that Yaffa had not married that person or whatever. so when yaffa lost her husband, esther came over to offer help. yaffa gladly accepted, and one thing led to another - she kept babysitting for her, then moved in with her, went to the country with her, etc etc, she became very attached to ariella, all the whiel feeling she was finally paying off her debt to yaffa. It turns out yaffa had been very unhappy in her marriage and the night her huband was killed they had just had an explosive fight.

Esther's best friend debra's husband hilly does kiruv. they got involved with pinchas and leora. Esther also got involved. then, pinchas got framed for something his roommates had done. yoni was called in to help Pinchas - he is a local askan. He helped get the charges dropped. yoni had been dating yaffa, at the time he was running for councilman. when yni realized right before the elections that he was being manipuluated by an unsavory gang he dropped out of the race. yaffa was deflated by that and wasnt sure if she wanted the shidduch. then binyamin was suggested and she dated him enough to decide to marry him.

Hilly and debra suggested esther to yoni but yoni was not interested in a friend of yaffa's.

So now, youre up to date with the whoel story - I hope. you missed many months, it's hard to catch up in a summary. enjoy the rest of it.

bh

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 12:59 am
Wow Mama Bear! Great job!! Couldn't have done it better. You covered all bases.

intrigued

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 3:05 am
Mama Bear wrote:
Intrigued: you got into the serials a little too late to be able to catch up on the entire story.

but in short:

The Blimele saga takes place sometime before WWII. She was kidnapped by Dagleshi from her home, where he had done some fancy iron work. He kidnapped her because his sister Maxilla's daughter Radomi had drowned and she was very depressed. Maxilla is blind so she doesnt know that it's not her daughter. the told her she was alive. the Romani's are doing everything for her, kosher food, etc., just so that they can keep up the charade for Maxilla. Blimele is all of 8 years old.

Esther and Yaffa were classmates. yaffa treated Esther the same way when they were kids as well. Once, Yaffa was in the middle of a shidduch - I dont know if it was with her husband or a different one - and Esther had kinda thumbed her nose at it when she was asked for information. She felt guilty for many years that it was her fault that Yaffa had not married that person or whatever. so when yaffa lost her husband, esther came over to offer help. yaffa gladly accepted, and one thing led to another - she kept babysitting for her, then moved in with her, went to the country with her, etc etc, she became very attached to ariella, all the whiel feeling she was finally paying off her debt to yaffa. It turns out yaffa had been very unhappy in her marriage and the night her huband was killed they had just had an explosive fight.

Esther's best friend debra's husband hilly does kiruv. they got involved with pinchas and leora. Esther also got involved. then, pinchas got framed for something his roommates had done. yoni was called in to help Pinchas - he is a local askan. He helped get the charges dropped. yoni had been dating yaffa, at the time he was running for councilman. when yni realized right before the elections that he was being manipuluated by an unsavory gang he dropped out of the race. yaffa was deflated by that and wasnt sure if she wanted the shidduch. then binyamin was suggested and she dated him enough to decide to marry him.

Hilly and debra suggested esther to yoni but yoni was not interested in a friend of yaffa's.

So now, youre up to date with the whoel story - I hope. you missed many months, it's hard to catch up in a summary. enjoy the rest of it.

Wow! thanks so much! Thanks for explaining the woman was blind that makes sense. Why is Blimele playing along? Is she scared? And the second story you explained really well thanks mamabear and Nechami1!

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 9:52 am
By now she is not scard anymore because the medicine woman - tazmina - was also a kidnap and she has taken her under her wing.

funny, fools gold reads like a soap opera Very Happy

nechami1

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 9:57 am
I think the soaps are better!

intrigued

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 10:51 am
Mama Bear wrote:
By now she is not scard anymore because the medicine woman - tazmina - was also a kidnap and she has taken her under her wing.

funny, fools gold reads like a soap opera Very Happy

I read about that. I have been following it for at least a month so far. I mean why is she playing along to her blind "mother"?

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 1:09 am
what other choice does she have? she's 8. she feels sorry for the woman. You think if she tells the truth she'll be returned back home?

intrigued

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 7:54 am
She is 8?? She sounds way older. She manages to know when it's Rosh Hashanah and keep it with all the tefilas and cooking. I thought she was like closer to 13.

nechami1

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 4:07 pm
The girl is only 8, yet she knows how to cook, all the exact halochas of which foods are ok, knows all the davening, knows when Yomim Toivim are etc- she sounds a little too good to be true to me. I find it a good story but rather far fetched. 0h, and she can crochet

realeez

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 5:47 pm
Mama Bear, you did a fantastic job Very Happy

Friendlymom

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 6:58 pm
I'm also stuck on some old BInah serials.. In Pass or Fail, what happens with bracha, does she marry the boy she was dating? How does it end in general? Thanks.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 10:21 pm
friendlymom, pass or fail ends very abruptly, with mrs white saying she will try to encourage her sister Mrs Kirsch to think of bracha for her Yonah.

As for blimele, I remember clearly that she was only 8. if she were more mature none of this would be shocking. maybe we will find out her age at some point.

by the way I am VERY VERY UPSET at the binah bunch serial this week. I dont see the point of the story anymore after waht happened this week.

realeez

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 10:53 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
friendlymom, pass or fail ends very abruptly, with mrs white saying she will try to encourage her sister Mrs Kirsch to think of bracha for her Yonah.

As for blimele, I remember clearly that she was only 8. if she were more mature none of this would be shocking. maybe we will find out her age at some point.

by the way I am VERY VERY UPSET at the binah bunch serial this week. I dont see the point of the story anymore after waht happened this week.

Are you talking about the one with the blind girl - I wont get mine until Thursday...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room