Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Free admission this morning-afternoon...

Earnest

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 9:03 am
Free admission from 11 am to 1 pm to the Frick Art Museum with a special collection of drawings by Rembrandt. Will I meet any ima's there? It's a pain that it's raining, but it's been ages since I went to a museum and I'm gaga about drawings and Rembrandt. (I hope I actually make it.)BTW it's on the corner of 70th and Madison, #6 train to 58th St..

ysydmom

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 10:47 am
I would love to go but my son comes home from yeshiva at 1 so I won't make it. Let me know if this is a frequent thing that they do or only a once in a lifetime. Thanks.

Earnest

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 5:21 pm
They do it every Sunday, 11-1. The line was long, but it moved quickly. I'd like to go every week, but who knows. I'm pulling back from making money with shaitels this week 'cause I gotta switch gears and focus on weight loss. I gotta relieve stress. For me, that's distraction via art fantasies and commiting to movement/under-eating. The museum allows sketching/copying of artwork in a smallish sketchbook. Today I only scoped the pieces and copied the names/data of Remb. students before I lost steam, but, maybe next week... The Frick is really uplifting, much smaller than the Met but every piece of art packs a punch. I'd love to take some artistic minded girls/women there, but they prob. have school Sun. morn., or the adults gotta get ready for Pesach or have other responsibilities.

Maya

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 5:26 pm
Ooh, that's my favorite museum! I didn't know about the free admission. Thanks for that. I think it's worth the drive from Monsey.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 5:40 pm
I'm in the gym every Sunday. Otherwise I'd love to have fun. Maybe a legal holiday?

Earnest

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 6:24 pm
I don't know their schedules for legal holidays, but their 'regular' price for admission is chai dollars. As far as I know, only Sundays 11 to 1 is 'pay what you wish'. They also have a research library, but that's a whole different story. I admire and am inspired by your gym/exercise commitment.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 7:22 pm
We all do what we gotta do. But thanks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics