Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Yotzei with communal shlach manos?

amother

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 10:20 am
I had learned that these communal MM aren't yotzei the chiyuv. Are there people who hold they are? We have family coming from chutz and when I asked what they were planning for MM since I wanted to buy my contianers soon, they said they were just oing the community one from back home. They're not the type of people to ask so I don't think they got a psak or whatever to not give in person.

mom4life

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 10:24 am
I would let them worry about themselves and you worry about how you keep halacha.

Fyi, I have hear that if it is given on the right day (as many places do give them out early) it is fine.

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 10:28 am
I also was told that the communal ones aren't good to bbe yotzei with. But you only have to give one person two foods.

zaq

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 3:09 pm
mom4life wrote:
I would let them worry about themselves and you worry about how you keep halacha.

Thumbs Up

egam

Post Sun, Mar 13 2011, 2:01 pm
I learned that you are net yotzei with communal shalach monos and need to give one regular SM.

Liba

Post Sun, Mar 13 2011, 2:03 pm
give them a plate of food to give to one of your kids... it shouldn't be too hard to figure out a way for them to be yotzei.

Isramom8

Post Sun, Mar 13 2011, 2:14 pm
Liba, if a Jew hands another Jew a plate of food on Purim but does not intend it as MM, is it?

Liba

Post Sun, Mar 13 2011, 3:43 pm
Isramom8 wrote:
Liba, if a Jew hands another Jew a plate of food on Purim but does not intend it as MM, is it?

If they have no intent, I don't know. But we have had buchrim at our table do just that on purpose... We gave them food, they said thank you and traded with the bucher next to them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions