Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Double Stroller

amother

Post Tue, Aug 08 2006, 9:54 am
I'm not sure exactly where to post this but maybe some of you can help me out. B'h I'm pregnant with my second and I'm looking into getting a double stroller (pref. jogger) I dont want to spend $500, it just doesnt feel right to me. I wanted to know if some of you can suggest what stroller to get.

thanx

P.S. this is posted anonymously because I am very early in my pregnancy and some ppl on the site know who I am.

Mommy3.5

Post Tue, Aug 08 2006, 9:57 am
I have the graco duo glider. It is a side by side, is veery sturdy, not that heavy and fits through most doors. I paid 125.00 for it 3 years ago. I like it alot.

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, Aug 08 2006, 10:12 am
I purchased a sit/stand stroller online.

Depending on how old your first is I just love this stroller...

Honestly I fit all three at sometimes Smile

http://www.leapsandboundscatal......html

Also, if you check on the web for like discounts u can get 30% off sometimes plus it's typically free shipping... well worth it

shopaholic

Post Tue, Aug 08 2006, 12:12 pm
A jogger definitely is the best. Try ebay, craigslist & urbanbaby for gently used, or unused joggers that may be cheaper.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Aug 08 2006, 12:43 pm
Many double strollers are incompatible till the baby is about 6 months. Check into that.
You also need to think about what you will be doing with the stroller...shlepping in and out of a car is not the easiest with a bulky jogger stroller, but if it's mainly for walks and errands, then it might be shayich.
Age difference between children is also a big factor in finding the "right one".
If you're early in pregnancy, you still have time to decide and perhaps there might be new or updated models which will change your opinion than you come up with now. Some people wait on a double and use a single and a baby carrier until they are more confident in their decision. Just for the record, I've been looking at double strollers on the market ever since I started shopping for a single stroller just so I know what's out there, and I still don't like any! I hope with time the manufacturers will make one to my liking...but that's just me Smile

nicole81

Post Tue, Aug 08 2006, 1:50 pm
If you want a jogger, but not an expensive one, try the InStep Safari TT. I got it for around $180. It handles very well. The manufacturers don't recommend it for under 6 months, but that's just because you are not supposed to jog with a young baby. If you're just walking, then it's fine. You can even buy an infant headrest from the manufacturer for another $10.

JMto2

Post Tue, Aug 08 2006, 2:07 pm
My SIL and a lot of people I know have this double stroller and they are really happy with it but it does not fit through standard doorways. You purchase it through a store on ebay write down which one so you can check if they have it when you are ready.
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-SAFETE.....wItem

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Aug 08 2006, 2:44 pm
nicole81 wrote:
If you want a jogger, but not an expensive one, try the InStep Safari TT. I got it for around $180. It handles very well. The manufacturers don't recommend it for under 6 months, but that's just because you are not supposed to jog with a young baby. If you're just walking, then it's fine. You can even buy an infant headrest from the manufacturer for another $10.
Do you know that that is the reason for not using it for an infant? Or are you guessing? I know many strollers don't recline fully and therefore are not recommended until about 6 months when the baby can support him/herself sitting.

florida1

Post Tue, Aug 08 2006, 2:48 pm
MITZVAH MOM : purchased a sit/stand stroller online.

Honestly I fit all three at sometimes

Is this light? Easy to put in and out of cars?

nicole81

Post Tue, Aug 08 2006, 2:56 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
nicole81 wrote:
Do you know that that is the reason for not using it for an infant? Or are you guessing? I know many strollers don't recline fully and therefore are not recommended until about 6 months when the baby can support him/herself sitting.

I'm assuming. However, it does recline fully, and I don't see a reason why InStep would sell an infant headrest for their strollers if they could not be used for a young baby. Two stores I went into also told me it could be used for a newborn. I would think that because some people are stupid enough to jog with a newborn, the company is trying to limit its liability by placing a minimum age limit on it.

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, Aug 08 2006, 5:21 pm
florida1 wrote:
MITZVAH MOM : purchased a sit/stand stroller online.

Honestly I fit all three at sometimes

Is this light? Easy to put in and out of cars?

I love it!! It's very light! Nice sized basket...and the button to close and open is very very simple! Smile

Size wise, like any double stroller you need substantial room in the trunk... but I fit it in my mother's regular car, and my van.. Bit wheels for hiking Smile

BTW it comes withthe conversion kit, for an infant seat!

HelloEverybody

Post Tue, Aug 15 2006, 2:05 pm
I, personally have the Maclaren Twin Traveller and love it. It was a bit pricey for us, but well worth it. It doesn't tumble over with a slight touch like some I have seen and it folds up just as small as any single. It's a side by side with 5 point harness.

However, the best one out there is the Mountain Rider which retails at $589 last I checked. It's sort of a jogging stroller but with 4 wheels. It's massive, easy to push, wonderful but BIG and needs a lot of space to fit in a car. Most people I know that have one also have the SUV to go along with it.
Another benefit of this stroller is that for a few extra bucks you can buy this harness thingy that you attach on your own but you can then "snap" an infant seat into it and once you're shelling out that kind of money, the extra $30 bucks or so would make it worth it imnsho.

nicole81

Post Tue, Aug 15 2006, 2:24 pm
Do you mean the Mountain Buggy? It's a nice stroller, but I preferred the Baby Jogger City Series when I was looking.

I already mentioned before that I have the Instep Safari. It's almost as good as these 2, but about $400 less. IMO, not worth it to buy the more expensive one.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics