Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Refusing to go on the toilet

amother

Post Wed, Apr 27 2011, 2:37 pm
My son is 3.
I have been training him for a couple of weeks, on and off (off when he had stomach bug with diarrhea).

I know that he go on the toilet, open it, set up his sit, get undressed, do the deal, wipe, flush and wash his hands all by himself. I ahve seen him do that and he watched other kids in his daycare.
He can recognize when he wants to defecate and he asks to go.
He usually can't do that on time for peeing, but I know that he can stay dry for more than an hour and he can go on the toilet and pee for a reward (he did it once but does not always want to).

Recently he has been refusing to go any kins of potty stuff whatsoever. I put on panties, keep asking him, he keeps saying he does not want to make anything and then makes in his pants.

What doI do now?

Should I send him to the daycare in panties so that he would hopefully go on the toilet if his teacher tells him to?
I should I still wait?
I am kind of puzzled because he actually seems ready to go without diaper.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 28 2011, 6:39 am
Anyone?! PLZ!!!

zigi

Post Thu, Apr 28 2011, 10:34 am
good luck! eventually your child will be trained! my ds took 6 months.

I got better results bringing my child to the potty, if I asked they always said no. when my son was able to do 1 &2 or at least mostly 1 he wore pullups to school and went to the bathroom with the teacher. this really helped finnish the training b/c he was basically trained at home.

when he was capable of going to the potty I bought him a present a train etc. I told him when you are dry this week you will get it. I also gave him a treat for each day he was dry.

maofboys

Post Thu, Apr 28 2011, 10:50 am
I used an egg timer with my kids. every hour on the hour you have to at least try and sit for x amount of min.

there will come a point where you want to give up, push through that point and the end is near.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 28 2011, 11:04 am
OP here

What if he asks for the diaper when he is at home, wearing panties? Should I give him or refuse? I am afraid to push too much

zigi

Post Thu, Apr 28 2011, 11:08 am
I did give in. he had a choice underwear or a diaper. it did drag on though. I also had him wear nothing bared bottomed so he would realise when he would go. he would be like that in the weekend and then for school he would pick pullup or underwear to wear to school. I would write a note if he wore underwear to give his teacher a headsup. he was praised when he was dry
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training