Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Lamb Stew

Motheroftwins

Post Sun, Nov 15 2009, 7:54 pm
I got Lamb Stew meat...What can I make for dinner tomorrow?

Raisin

Post Sun, Nov 15 2009, 8:00 pm
I make lamb necks on occcasion with this recipe: fry onion and garlic, brown meat, add red wine/water or both (not a lot, just to cover) and cook for an hour. cubed meat might need longer...test for doneness. some potaoes/carrrots will go nicely cooked with the meat. also some herbs - parsely, thyme, whatever.

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Nov 16 2009, 9:00 am
You'll need slow cooking, like any stew meat. I usually cook minimum 2-3hrs, I prefer my meat VERY tender. Also brown the meat first to drain off extra fat. You may want to use some herbs--italian herb mix like oregano, or if you want more warmer/oriental ones cumin,paprika and cinnamon go very nicely.

momaleh

Post Mon, Nov 16 2009, 9:48 am
I add veggies like carrots and sweet potato and everyone loves it with dried fruit like apricots and prunes. Add some middle Eastern spices like cumin.

Sichee

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 2:57 pm
need recipe for turkey stew with rice

pobody's nerfect

Post Mon, May 09 2011, 8:56 pm
reviving this thread because I have lots of lamb stew meat that my father brought for pesach and we didn't end up using. DH does not like sweet recipes, and really doesn't like sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, etc cooked with his meat. (though, sadly, I love em!).

any ways to prep lamb stew meat that won't be too sweet?

ally

Post Tue, May 10 2011, 2:53 am
pobody's nerfect wrote:
reviving this thread because I have lots of lamb stew meat that my father brought for pesach and we didn't end up using. DH does not like sweet recipes, and really doesn't like sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, etc cooked with his meat. (though, sadly, I love em!).

any ways to prep lamb stew meat that won't be too sweet?

I'm looking for a recipe with preserved lemons. If I find one that works, I'll post it.

pobody's nerfect

Post Tue, May 10 2011, 8:58 pm
ok, duh. I feel dumb.

DH's favorite food is shawarma. I make a fake version all the time with chicken breasts.... now we have lamb to use!! not on a spit, but the best we can do out of town. he'll be so excited!!

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, May 10 2011, 9:09 pm
I use lamb neck as the meat in my cholent.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics