Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Doesn't want swaddle but can't sleep without it

morah

Post Fri, Jun 03 2011, 10:15 am
Over the last few days, it's become pretty clear my 2 month old no longer likes being swaddled- he resists it, complains, and kicks it off most of the time. However, he can't sleep without it! If I put him to sleep without it, he won't stop fussing and he won't fall asleep. If I swaddle him, he fusses, but eventually does sleep (if he doesn't kick it off); if he then kicks it off in his sleep, he wakes up and won't go back to sleep until he's well swaddled again. How can I get him to sleep without a swaddle? He doesn't like it anymore, which makes sense for this age, but he's gotten used to sleeping with it, so sleeping without isn't happening. Should I just stop it anyway and hope it only takes a few days for him to get the hang of it? Or is there a way to gently 'wean' him from the swaddle? Thanks.

good wifey

Post Fri, Jun 03 2011, 1:24 pm
your baby will learn to fall asleep without within a few days. at 2 months he doesn't need to be swaddled, just cozily covered. he kicks and cries because he is in the transitioning stage but will calm down more easily the more time goes by.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics