Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift for non-religious 10 year old boy

amother

Post Sun, Jun 05 2011, 9:42 am
It can be something small, but we're also willing to spend money. We hope to think of something that will spark some religion in him down the line. We'll be visiting from Israel so it can be something special and unique from Israel. Just can't think of anything. Please help.

red sea

Post Sun, Jun 05 2011, 2:24 pm
A menorah

Lady Godiva

Post Sun, Jun 05 2011, 2:37 pm
Star of David necklace.
Mezuzah to hang on his door or just keep in a drawer--if his family is not "anti" Judaism.
Small Torah--they have them made of lucite with a "Torah scroll" inside.
A kippa (with his name on it). He might not wear it, but he'll know he owns one.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Jun 12 2011, 8:09 am
does he like to read? maybe a Jewish themed story book.

I like Lady Godiva's idea of a kippa with his name on it.

If you are going to Israel you can get any anything from the Olivewood factory with a picture of Jerusalem on it. like a wooden kiddush cup, a clock or a name plaque to put on his bedroom door

Last edited by amother on Thu, Jul 02 2015, 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

spring13

Post Sun, Jun 12 2011, 8:22 am
I like the idea of a name plaque or something that's useful or fun for him right now; maybe a tshirt or baseball cap with Hebrew or an Israel/Jewish design on it, or with his name embroidered in Hebrew would be nice. if he's into sports, maybe a jersey from an Israeli soccer team would go over well.

I understand about wanting to spark some Jewishness in him, but honestly, he's 10. I think the most you can/should do is something that gives him a positive association with Israel, and with his religious loved ones. a menorah is really nice, and is the closest I would come to giving something overtly religious.

mo5

Post Sun, Jun 12 2011, 8:31 am
Any jewish-themed game/book that's age appropriate. (An Israeli version of Monopoly?) Better than an official 'religious' object. (except perhaps an olivewood tzedka box?) Books are good because they last and if they're not so interesting the day you bring it, it might bedown the track.

imasinger

Post Sun, Jun 12 2011, 8:35 am
Kiddush cup

T shirt or sports shirt with Hebrew logo (not a religious thing, but can promote Jewish pride)

Yad that maybe he can use for a Bar Mitzvah in a few years
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics