Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Help - I am not sure if I saw a blood-spot

wereafamily

Post Wed, Jul 13 2011, 10:01 am
after putting in the eggs into my tuna patties mix I think I saw a blood-spot

What should I do??

kalsee

Post Wed, Jul 13 2011, 10:15 am
how many eggs do you have there?

wereafamily

Post Wed, Jul 13 2011, 10:18 am
two

purelife

Post Wed, Jul 13 2011, 10:47 am
what kind of eggs do you have, bc if you have eggs that come from a farm it's a problem, any blood-spot.
but if it's from a chicken that issn't from a farm, the chicken was never with a man so the blood-spot is not real blood or something like that.
I just remember this bc once I was making 3 cakes, and I mixed the batter, there were 12 eggs in there, and I checked them but suddenly I saw a bloodspot, so the rov told me it's fine. nothing to do with 1/60.
call a rav and ask, let me know what teh answer is, just wondering

shanie5

Post Wed, Jul 13 2011, 10:55 am
was the spot you may have seen in the yolk or the white of the egg?

SV

Post Wed, Jul 13 2011, 11:01 am
snoody wrote:
what kind of eggs do you have, bc if you have eggs that come from a farm it's a problem, any blood-spot.
but if it's from a chicken that issn't from a farm, the chicken was never with a man so the blood-spot is not real blood or something like that.
I just remember this bc once I was making 3 cakes, and I mixed the batter, there were 12 eggs in there, and I checked them but suddenly I saw a bloodspot, so the rov told me it's fine. nothing to do with 1/60.

I learned this also - unless the eggs are organic, it's really a chumra to check them for blood since any blood you might find is not a possible chicken but something else. But of course, you should call YLOR.

Bea21

Post Thu, Jul 14 2011, 5:25 pm
SV wrote:
snoody wrote:

I learned this also - unless the eggs are organic, it's really a chumra to check them for blood since any blood you might find is not a possible chicken but something else. But of course, you should call YLOR.
Exactly what I was going to say

wereafamily

Post Thu, Jul 14 2011, 5:39 pm
Thank you so much!!

My DH called his Rav and was told that most eggs that you buy at your local grocery do not come from a farm and is not a problem.

B'H mine were OK - yay Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions