Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
To all you busy bees...

yo'ma

Post Wed, Aug 03 2011, 6:07 pm
You know the ones who are always busy, busy, busy, always doing something, always running, etc... Is it more of a personality or just no time between work and taking care of a house? I have a friend like that. She's always running between work and everywhere, but she's great and always takes time to visit me when I come in. With her besides work and house, I know it's her personality.

groisamomma

Post Wed, Aug 03 2011, 6:26 pm
I'd love some free time, but it's just not something I fit easily into my schedule. Occasionally I have some quiet moments, but like many women most of my life I spend running on a treadmill that never ends.

freidasima

Post Wed, Aug 03 2011, 6:29 pm
Doesn't everyone?
My grandmother used to say that housework ends when you leave the house and close the door behind you, otherwise there is always something to do.
Just depends how much something is important to you. If clean houses are important you will never stop cleaning even with a maid.

If cooking is important there is always what to cook and another freezer drawer to fill. My freezer is overflowing and only because it's the nine days do I feel ok about not cooking more this week.

Same goes for parenting. There is always something to do when your children are awake and when they go to sleep you have all the other things to do.

And some women manage to find time to do their nails and read a book as well...

Grandmama

Post Wed, Aug 03 2011, 6:51 pm
They say when you want to get something done, ask a busy person.

cc

Post Wed, Aug 03 2011, 7:14 pm
Grandmama wrote:
They say when you want to get something done, ask a busy person.

LIKE Very Happy

hop613

Post Wed, Aug 03 2011, 7:22 pm
I think some of it is personality, and some people naturally have a lot more going on than other people. I think people have different stamina for the amount of busyness they can handle, and they manage accordingly. I feel like I am completely maxed out right now, but I know that I have a low stamina for the endless running around that is life with young kids. I need downtime in my day, and I do what I need to do to get it.
Some people thrive on being busy, and like to fill up their days. Other people are busy because they have no choice.

zaq

Post Thu, Aug 04 2011, 11:07 am
Personality. I had a coworker who used to sit at her desk with her hands folded when we had no backlog. Maybe she had a very rich fantasy life inside her head. Maybe she was silently composing music or reciting her daily prayers, but she sure looked as if she was just spacing out. Evidently some people have a high tolerance for boredom.

zaq

Post Thu, Aug 04 2011, 11:12 am
But looking busy should never be confused with accomplishing anything. Work expands to fill the time allotted.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Aug 04 2011, 11:13 am
Personality and priorities...

flowerpower

Post Thu, Aug 04 2011, 12:02 pm
It's self management too. There are people that are so busy and they should be the ones being really bored and there are those that have lots on their plate and have the most time.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Aug 04 2011, 2:54 pm
What choice is there? If you want to support your family, it takes 2 full time incomes.

If you want to exercise, learn, do chessed, etc., it all has to be squeezed inbetween dinner and the kids, etc.

sugarplum

Post Thu, Aug 04 2011, 3:02 pm
I think nowadays people are really busy between work and taking care of house and kids. I think it's also personality or maybe some people need to always be busy with something.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics