Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Easy, Sugar-free Chicken 4 Shabbos
Previous  1  2

chanchy123

Post Thu, Jul 21 2011, 12:03 am
Mushroom herb chicken:
Place chicken in a roasting bag (cookie if your are in Israel)
add some olive oil,
mushrooms,
a few cloves of garlic (either peeled or unpealed doesn't matter)
salt pepper
any herbs/spices you may have around (parsley, basil, thyme etc.)

roast for about an hour and a half.
You can do this also without a roasting bag just cover the pan with tin foil while roasting.

Also you can do plain roasted chicken with tons of spices a bit of olive oil and lemon.

KBD short on time, has a good idea for an Italian tomato sauce chicken.

Blue12

Post Thu, Jul 21 2011, 12:31 am
THANK YOU SO MUCH everyone for your recipes, please keep them coming!!!!
Where can I buy sugar free BBQ sauce? My DH loves it and so I always have to make 2 recipes, one for him with sugar BBQ sauce and something else for me.
BTW, I can use BBQ or anything for that matter if it has sugar as the 5th ing. or further down the list, but I ahve never found anything like this.
I live in Israel.
Do they sell it here?
In America? What's the brand?
Maybe I can have someone bring it.
THanks!

curlgirl

Post Thu, Jul 21 2011, 12:36 am
Is natural sugar OK for you?

What about sugar-free jam?

(apricot jam, ketchup/ tomato sauce and soy sauce)

ally

Post Thu, Jul 21 2011, 12:42 am
I take a whole chicken. Rub with olive oil, salt, pepper.
Squeeze juice of one-two lemons on top.
Stuff cavity with thyme, rosemary, whole garlic cloves and the empty lemons (cut in quarters)
I also surround the chicken with quartered carrots and whole garlic cloves.
Roast at 180.

It takes about 10 minutes to put together, is healthy and delcious

Blue12

Post Thu, Jul 21 2011, 5:04 am
Sugar-free jam is ok but I haven't seen it here.
Ketchup has sugar, fructose and glucose added, so no, I can't eat it.
Do you kn ow how to make ketchup with tomato paste?

curlgirl

Post Thu, Jul 21 2011, 5:08 am
Blue12 wrote:
Sugar-free jam is ok but I haven't seen it here.
Ketchup has sugar, fructose and glucose added, so no, I can't eat it.
Do you kn ow how to make ketchup with tomato paste?

I think Yad Mordechai is 100% fruit? Not sure, but 100% fruit jam definitely exists in Israel.

Mix tomato paste with an equal amount of water, or a little more water according to taste.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jul 21 2011, 9:33 am
Can you have unrefined sugars like honey? I have a homemade bbq sauce recipe made with tomato sauce and honey.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jul 21 2011, 9:35 am
I make simple yet juicy chicken sometimes for friday night-mix oil, garlic powder, paprika, and salt and shmeer on top of chicken bottoms. Bake covered on 350 for hour n forty five minutes.

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Jul 21 2011, 9:58 am
flowerpower wrote:
I make simple yet juicy chicken sometimes for friday night-mix oil, garlic powder, paprika, and salt and shmeer on top of chicken bottoms. Bake covered on 350 for hour n forty five minutes.

If you add some balsamic vinegar to this (equal amounts olive oil & balsmaic vinegar) it really adds to the taste.

mommy27

Post Thu, Jul 21 2011, 5:14 pm
Open a can of diced tomatoes (I like the ones with the onions added, but plain works too), don't drain it, and pour the whole thing over chicken pieces in pan. Bake for 2 hrs, covered, at 350. It comes out really well, and I also like to eat the tomatoes.

Rikola

Post Thu, Jul 21 2011, 5:37 pm
I got this "recipe" from a friend. I put that in quotes because it is NO EFFORT. Smile Make chicken soup with a fresh whole chicken.* An hour into cooking carefully remove the chicken, whole, and place in a baking dish with some of the soup ladeled over the top. Cook in oven at 350, uncovered, until brown and crispy. Crispy top is key. Mine is usually in for almost an hour. Serve with the "gravy" from the bottom of the baking dish. Beat part is you get a whole Shabbos dinner for one effort. And, no sugar.

I know soup chicken sounds awful. But this is the best recipe I have ever made for a whole chicken and I make it for company. It gets rave reviews.

* I saute garlic, carrots, celery, green onion and turnip in a tiny bit of oil in bottom of pot until wilted. Then I add the whole chicken and brown that up on both sides as well. When all browned up fill pot with water, add tons of salt, dill, pepper and let cook at a low simmer for about an hour. Then proceed to remove chicken and season up soup as usual. Optionally add matzah balls as well.

Blue12

Post Fri, Jul 22 2011, 2:39 am
No, I don't eat honey either...Do you have any BBQ sauce recipes without honey?
Thanks to everyone for the recipes!
I really appreciate it! I didn't know that there were really this many ways to make chicken without sugar.
So far I have tried the lemon chicken someone suggested--YUM and for shabbos I am making the first recipe someone suggested--the dry red wine and tomato sauce one.

chanchy123

Post Fri, Jul 22 2011, 2:45 am
Blue12 wrote:
No, I don't eat honey either...Do you have any BBQ sauce recipes without honey?
Thanks to everyone for the recipes!
I really appreciate it! I didn't know that there were really this many ways to make chicken without sugar.
So far I have tried the lemon chicken someone suggested--YUM and for shabbos I am making the first recipe someone suggested--the dry red wine and tomato sauce one.

YOu can probably use sugarless fruit juice (or even just a consentrate) as sweetener in a BBQ sauce.

shabri

Post Fri, Jul 22 2011, 8:59 am
2 really easy ones.

40 close garlic chicken (Kosher pallete) huge hit with the bochrim
skin chicken in 1/4s or 1/8s
sprinkle with pepper and paprika.
take 4 heads of garlic don't peel but break of the heads and put the all over the chicken
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

bake 350 for and hr or a little more. Garlic become roasted and super yum.

OJ chicken
slice onions on the bottom of the pan
skin chicken
sprinkle with salt & pepper
pour frozen orange juice on it
sprinkle with paprika

bake covered 1 hr uncovered 15 min

also sesame chicken from kosher pallate

4 tablespoons flour (I use WW)
6 tablespoons sesame seeds
1/2 tsp pepper (I usually double or triple this)

mix together

dip chicken in soy sauce and then in flour mixture.
place in pan
drizzle with olive oil

bake

can do with shnitzel or bone chicken

elmos

Post Sat, Jul 23 2011, 7:33 pm
You can do chicken and rice I take 1 part rice 2 part water onion soup mix on bottom of pan add frozen veggie can be corn, pea string bean type or something fancier wtvr you like pace chicken on top season with garlic, onion, pepper and paprika bake sealed at 250 for about 2hrs than uncover to crisp skin can use brown or white rice

chicken and couscous 2 bags osem couscous 1 packet soup mix 5c water place chicken on top season with spice seal and bake can uncover to crisp.

cornflake chicken skin chicken and in a bag place cornflake crumbs with garlic onion and dried parsey can add other spicce if you like shake chicken in bag place on a pan that was sprayed with cooking spray bake uncovered about an hour at 350

you can use shwarma spice on quarters or on cuttlets
you can saute an onion and mushrooms fresh or canned add rice and water and cook than stuff chicken with it.

ninasapir

Post Sun, Jul 24 2011, 12:29 am
try this spanish chicken and rice. you can substitute 1/5 cups regular regular rice for the spanish rice mix. http://joyof.kosher.com/recipe.....rice/

or make regular roasted chicken, put chicken pieces in a pan, add vegetables if you want (zucchini, onion, yellow squash, potatoes, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, carrots). sprinkle with onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, and paprika. bake, covered, for an hour on 350, then uncover and continue cooking for 20-30 minutes.

Shopmiami49

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 6:10 am
Rikola wrote:
I got this "recipe" from a friend. I put that in quotes because it is NO EFFORT. Smile Make chicken soup with a fresh whole chicken.* An hour into cooking carefully remove the chicken, whole, and place in a baking dish with some of the soup ladeled over the top. Cook in oven at 350, uncovered, until brown and crispy. Crispy top is key. Mine is usually in for almost an hour. Serve with the "gravy" from the bottom of the baking dish. Beat part is you get a whole Shabbos dinner for one effort. And, no sugar.

I know soup chicken sounds awful. But this is the best recipe I have ever made for a whole chicken and I make it for company. It gets rave reviews.

* I saute garlic, carrots, celery, green onion and turnip in a tiny bit of oil in bottom of pot until wilted. Then I add the whole chicken and brown that up on both sides as well. When all browned up fill pot with water, add tons of salt, dill, pepper and let cook at a low simmer for about an hour. Then proceed to remove chicken and season up soup as usual. Optionally add matzah balls as well.

Can you do this with chicken pieces as well?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey