Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Help me verify this awesome story, please!
Previous  1  2

little neshamala

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 6:01 pm
and YESHAsettler, I dont know why you would suggest that im "digging up loshon hara". thats not really my style, im not that bored. if it was in fact loshon hara, then it happened purely by mistake and im sorry for it, but in any case I dont see what would be loshon hara about it...

nechami1

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 6:13 pm
yeah but why do u sound so desparate to prove it? It happened. been. done. in the past. Move on.

Raisin

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 6:34 pm
intrigued wrote:
Raisin wrote:
I never heard this story ever. My family are so poor at spreading gossip.

what was the guys first name?

For some reason it wasn't spoken so much at the time unless you were directly involved. Also the school in Stamford Hill tried to keep it hush-hush.

Stamford hill: where labouring women on the way to hospital in a taxi duck so their neighbours won't see them. (yes, this happened)

I don't think it is lashen hara on anyone except the man involved.

Oh right, he danced with the kallah at her wedding. OY.

simchat

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 7:01 pm
Raisin wrote:
intrigued wrote:
Raisin wrote:

For some reason it wasn't spoken so much at the time unless you were directly involved. Also the school in Stamford Hill tried to keep it hush-hush.

Stamford hill: where labouring women on the way to hospital in a taxi duck so their neighbours won't see them. (yes, this happened)

LOL I LOVE stamford hill!

Pibble11

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 7:06 pm
He/She taught a friend of mine, I saw a picture of him posing with my friend...He/She did look kind of manly Its definitely true. It's probably hard to find online since this happened about 10 years ago

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 12:44 am
how did this teacher not have any facial hair, ever, whatsoever?

did 's/he' always wear skirts? Did her body (chese etc) look authentically female?

intrigued

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 2:10 am
After the fact I asked my niece for a picture. She had one with his arms around a friend. eww. Anyway He was actually quite skinny and just looked more flat chested. Although he must have stuffed something there. From the picture I would believe it was a woman. But it was the voice that the girls found manly.

ally

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 4:18 am
Depressed wrote:
Sounds like it would make a great movie. Sure beats the lame plays the high schools put on...

haha.

Raisin

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 4:34 am
Raisin wrote:
intrigued wrote:
Raisin wrote:

I meant in the taxi on shabbos. not normally.

ally

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 4:47 am
I'm not sure I'd refer to this story as awesome.

smilethere

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 5:10 am
He/she was my teacher.

I don't know how much of the alleged story is true. I think that the part that she pretended to be Jewish was found out because she played in a church choir, but I don't even know if it is true that she was a man.
It was all kept very quiet and nobody I know was traumatised (except maybe the headmistress)

Funny thing we always used to call her 'Mr Drew' because she had an adams apple and very manly voice, and was extremely tall.

Why are we digging up ancient stories?

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Nov 14 2011, 6:46 pm
ally wrote:
Depressed wrote:
Sounds like it would make a great movie. Sure beats the lame plays the high schools put on...

haha.

They've done it a while ago. I believe it's called Mrs Doubtfire.

Grandmama

Post Tue, Nov 15 2011, 9:28 am
I just picked up an issue of Ami where the story is mentioned. Page 32 of Ami Living of September 7, 2011.
A wake up call, by Chaya Silber, regarding nannys who watch our children.

I will rewrite the paragraph here.

"Even if someone seems like a paragon of virtue, beloved by all,he may be a talented con artist, living a double life. Consider the case of a respected teacher, in a religious girls school in Britain several years ago.
This teacher was very involved in her students' lives, and would mentor them at home.
One day she was arrested, and the shocking news made headlines:"she" was really a "he", an escaped felon wanted for murdering his wife.

Don't know why she brought this as an example in an article about nannys and childcare in the home. She does not mention her sources for this either, but I am sure she can be reached via Ami.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics