Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
HELP!!! How do you get wall-paint off a coat!

chocolate fondue

Post Thu, Nov 24 2011, 12:24 pm
My DS's school is doing some renovating. My DS managed to brush past a freshly-painted doorway and got it all over his coat. Is there any way to get it off??? Help!

skcomputer

Post Thu, Nov 24 2011, 1:20 pm
If the paint is latex, you have a shot. Try a product called goof off and use a little brush or a rough cloth and keep cleaning the brush or changing the cloth because the paint will come off a little bit at a time and you don't want to rub it all over and make it worse. Start with a small area at a time. You can get goof off at home depot

amother

Post Thu, Nov 24 2011, 1:31 pm
This once happened to my son's brand new expensive winter coat. It looked terrible with yellow paint on a dark blue coat.
What I did, or rather I got my dh to do, is scrub the paint with a brush, steel wool, that scrubbing powder comet? I think its called.
the finish of the coat became all bumpy and rough, and pulled threads, and stuff, but the paint came off, and at least he could use it again without looking terrible.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Nov 24 2011, 1:49 pm
Had that with dd. the first time she wore the coat. light blue.

it was like that until we threw it away.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 24 2011, 2:03 pm
also one more thing we did, was the bits of yellow paint that wouldnt come off we colored over them with a permanent marker to darken it.

chocolate fondue

Post Thu, Nov 24 2011, 5:09 pm
Is there really nothing else I can do? Will it help to treat it with white spirit or something? It was a new coat!

shoemaker

Post Thu, Nov 24 2011, 5:43 pm
go to the paint store & buy terpentine I think its called or ask them what would work g`luck.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Nov 24 2011, 9:28 pm
as I said, our coat was new, too, and we were paying off student loans and truly living paycheck to paycheck at that time. we mostly had hadn me downs and for a new coat to be ruined the first time she wore it, you can't imagine the frustrations.

anyway, we couldn't get the paint off. maybe you could dye the coat.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry