Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Lightweight Strollers

Mommy912

Post Tue, May 02 2006, 8:49 pm
I am trying to buy a light stroller - I need to be able to carry (heavy) baby in 1 hand and get down the steps. I also need to be able to fold it with 1 hand.
I still need a decent sized basket, a hood, a tray, decent wheels.
Every review site that I research suggests something else: Maclaren Volo, Comby Ultra Savvy, Perego Pilko, Inglessina Zippy.. I am going in circles.
Any suggestions?

red sea

Post Tue, May 02 2006, 8:58 pm
Chicco makes a few like that but they don't have trays.

shoy18

Post Tue, May 02 2006, 9:09 pm
I have the zippy and it opens and closes with one hand, I have done it many times. the new version comes with a tray, it has a great rain hood it goes down all the way.
Dont know much about the others

ektsm

Post Tue, May 02 2006, 9:13 pm
maclaren strollers are the best

girliesmommy

Post Wed, May 03 2006, 2:41 am
I like my Peg Perego Aria. It's really light. I wouldn't recommend it for a young baby (unless you attach a car seat) but from 6 months up, including toddlers, it's great. I always get offers to help me lift it, and I always refuse since it's easier to lift by myself. That said, it does take 2 hands to fold, but I do it all the time with a baby in my hands (it just takes a few extra seconds).

Expecting

Post Wed, May 03 2006, 9:28 am
how light are you talking about? my pliko p3 is my heavy weight stroller...

mendels mommy

Post Wed, Oct 11 2006, 2:05 am
I have the graco metro light. its light for sure but I think I may have been happier with the pliko....

Marion

Post Wed, Oct 11 2006, 2:12 am
OK, so I bought a Maclaren, needing everything on your list except the tray. It's definitely light, but it does NOT fold with one hand, the basket has to be empty for it to fold totally, and it's not such a huge basket.

The Inglesina Zippy is one-hand fold, but I tried it in the store yesterday and it's NOT light! I think my Graco travel system stroller (Ultima) is lighter!

My SIL has the Aria twin, and it seems light enough, but I've never tried carrying it in one hand, and I'm pretty sure it's not one-hand fold either.

I've heard very good things about the Graco CitiSport, but have no experience with it myself.

shemesh

Post Wed, Oct 11 2006, 5:00 am
I would go for the maclaren, I think it's the best, I would not get the peg, it's very heavy and hard to close even with two hands.

Smiles

Post Thu, Oct 12 2006, 12:33 am
How about the inglesina trip. My sister just bought it and it is so lightweight.

http://www.inglesina.com/us/pr.....ntree

mirisimma

Post Thu, Oct 12 2006, 1:10 am
I have the graco metrolight. huge storage space, two trays, click into any graco infant car seat, large wheels (good for rain and snow!). can steer with one hand. easy to fold with hand and foot. but need both hands if you want to lock it. and it stands after its folded. it was the lightest one in the store, except the umbrelas of course. the seat adjusts from flat to upright. rain cover. the works. and its the best price I think. the new one isnt called the metro ight its called something else but its the same deal just looks sleeker.

fyi graco strollers can be different prices just bc the print is different. (I got mine for $80 and I love it Smile

and the customer service is impeccable.

hatzlocho
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics