Home

What can I do with kohlrabi?
1, 2  Next

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

sped

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 22 2012, 10:55 am       Post subject: What can I do with kohlrabi?
DH was very kind and bought me 6 large kohlrabis, instaed of the one small one I needed Smile. I need an idea of how to use them up. I cut one up to tak eto work, made one into coleslaw, for last Shabbos and will do so again this week. Now what???
Thanks

MaBelleVie

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 22 2012, 11:06 am       Post subject: re: What can I do with kohlrabi?
yummm! Last Shabbos I thinly sliced it and seasoned with a tiny bit of olive oil, lots of fresh squeezed lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. It was delish Smile

amme

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 22 2012, 11:13 am       Post subject: re: What can I do with kohlrabi?
My mother puts them in her chicken soup

shalhevet

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 22 2012, 11:22 am       Post subject: re: What can I do with kohlrabi?
I had the same problem a few weeks ago - there's a great recipe for a salad in Enlitened Jewish Cooking - do you have it? Otherwise I'll try and copy it later.

ra_mom

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 22 2012, 11:51 am       Post subject: re: What can I do with kohlrabi?
You can add it to veggie soup.

jackiejoel3

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 22 2012, 11:53 am       Post subject: re: What can I do with kohlrabi?
You can put it in any soup, stir fry, roasted veggies etc.

ra_mom

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 22 2012, 11:55 am       Post subject: Re: re: What can I do with kohlrabi?
shalhevet wrote:
I had the same problem a few weeks ago - there's a great recipe for a salad in Enlitened Jewish Cooking - do you have it? Otherwise I'll try and copy it later.
The kohlrabi salad?
http://www.dlife.com/diabetes/.....ml?id=7742

tzatza

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 22 2012, 12:04 pm       Post subject: re: What can I do with kohlrabi?
Shred kolhrabi and carrots. Add a bit of fresh lemon juice, canola oil, salt and splenda to taste.

I love this salad. Extremely refreshing.

Hi

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 22 2012, 12:05 pm       Post subject: re: What can I do with kohlrabi?
kohlrabi slaw similar to cole slaw and no checking leaves

shabri

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 22 2012, 12:10 pm       Post subject: re: What can I do with kohlrabi?
I roast with a little olive oil and seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic powder whatever). So yum

ray family

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 22 2012, 12:30 pm       Post subject: re: What can I do with kohlrabi?
I like to make sticks then add lemon, fresh dill and some salt
add to soup
roast them

sped

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 22 2012, 5:51 pm       Post subject: re: What can I do with kohlrabi?
So many ideas! Thanks a lot. I do the coleslaw thing - that's why I wanted it in the first place. I usuakky put only a little in soups. Doesn't it give a strong taste?
I will try the various salads and seasonongs suggested.
I really appreciate this.

eytse

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 22 2012, 5:55 pm       Post subject: re: What can I do with kohlrabi?
I love kohlrabi in fried rice. also, the nytimes recipes for health column had a few different kohlrabi recipes a couple of weeks ago that looked interesting.

flowerpower

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 22 2012, 10:33 pm       Post subject: re: What can I do with kohlrabi?
We cut them up and eat them for a snack sometimes. You can add it to vegetable soup or in a vegetable kugal or sautes vegetables....

chmom

Post Posted: Fri, Mar 23 2012, 11:21 am       Post subject: re: What can I do with kohlrabi?
For a milchig variation cut into sticks and cook in a Bechamelsauce with white wine.

db815

Post Posted: Fri, Mar 23 2012, 2:44 pm       Post subject: re: What can I do with kohlrabi?
All this kohlrabi talk got me in the mood to go out an buy some, I did, I slice it an spinkled olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper, and it was DELISH!! thanks everyone for all the ideas!

Roita

Post Posted: Sat, Mar 24 2012, 9:12 pm       Post subject: re: What can I do with kohlrabi?
After peeling and slicing them into 1/4 inch thickness, bread them (flour, egg, seasoned breadcrumbs), spray the pan and the breaded slices and bake uncovered at 350 for an hour.

sped

Post Posted: Sun, Mar 25 2012, 10:26 am       Post subject: re: What can I do with kohlrabi?
So far I: put some in soup, made cole slaw, cut into sticks with peppers and carrots and dressed it with lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Delicious! Now I may try breading it. It's a good way to use up some bread crumbs!
Thanks everyone.

thekosherchannel

Post Posted: Sun, Mar 25 2012, 2:11 pm       Post subject: re: What can I do with kohlrabi?
Fennel, Carrot & Kohlrabi Salad. Fennel goes great with kohlrabi.

libramom

Post Posted: Sun, Mar 25 2012, 2:49 pm       Post subject: re: What can I do with kohlrabi?
add it to any stir fry yummmm
I always want that when I make stir fry but usually don't have.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next