Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
PRETTY FRIENDS. Spinoff; This woman is too beautiful. Waaaa!
Previous  1  2

when you see a pretty girl, do you have a desire to befriend her/get to know her?
yes  
 28%  [ 18 ]
no  
 53%  [ 34 ]
neither - I'm anti social  
 18%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 64

ora_43

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 11:29 am
Arcy wrote:
I've never met one kind person who is not beautiful... if your middos are refined, you are beautiful... and that's not a debatable point.

I think there's something to this too. When someone is really nice, they tend to look approachable. It could be your brain is saying "that person looks really good," and the feeling that they "look good" stems from an emotional attraction because they look friendly, more than from an objective assessment of their facial features.

And like previous posters said, when you love someone they look good to you. Think how many women have the most beautiful baby on earth Wink .

Raisin

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 1:14 pm
think how in a group of 12 year olds the popular girls are usually the pretty ones. I think looks do play some part in choosing friends, even if we might not admit it.

shlomitsmum

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 2:31 pm
for me looks are irrelevant is all about personality and good middos.
I have met stunning women with lousy cold /aloof personalities and not so stunning women who are so "full of light ",kindness & wisdom that you don't even think of the "package".

marina

Post Mon, Apr 09 2012, 10:46 pm
All my friends are super ugly so my husband won't be attracted to them. Uh... except those of you on imamother. I make special exception for you.

HindaRochel

Post Tue, Apr 10 2012, 1:58 am
I have met physically ugly people. I have read stories about people who are physically ugly. Outer isn't inner. Those I met and those I have read about who are not beautiful physically are sometimes ugly inside, and sometimes beautiful inside.

The reverse is also true.

True beauty of course is inner: it is not about physical looks.

celestial

Post Tue, Apr 10 2012, 10:44 am
I think I tend to surround myself with attractive people. I think there was some comedy sketch (maybe SNL?) about how people would pay to watch beautiful people do anything. I have thought about this before, and I am a very aesthetically oriented person, and I wonder sometimes if the people I tend to approach and initiate friendships with are the ones I think look pretty or dress interesting or what have you. I tend to be fascinated by beautiful people. Of course, there are many times where a beautiful person will turn out to be pretty boring, in which case the friendship fizzles out.

But I remember getting shidduch calls about my friends, and being asked what their level of attractiveness is. I always honestly answered that they were beautiful, and after answering, thought back on it and realized that not all my friends are, objectively speaking, knock-outs. I have an appreciation (also in art/music etc) for unusual beauty, and I wonder if any of the people who called me as a reference felt like maybe I was lying or exaggerating.

Oh well. All of my enduring friendships have been with people whose middos I admire. And this colors a persons whole physical demeanor for me.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics