Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
At a loss!!! someone gimme advice!!!

amother

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 1:39 pm
Ok so I need help with my 3 yr old daughter who has always been a tough cookie but im at a point where im not even sure what to do anymore with her. Shes quite the smart child id say who just seems to always outsmart the system whatever it may be and doesnt listen to anyone and seems to live in her own world. She makes all sorts of funky trouble mostly sensory type and enjoys making trouble. She goes to a "day care" playgroup and the teachers are getting fed up too, im sure they are not dealing with her correctly either but I dont knwo what I can do about that part. She has slapped a teacher in the past week because she got mad at her. anyway my issue is at this point I dont knwo if I should put her some place else and if yes WHERE?! I live in Brooklyn and im clueless which place would be best for her. OR do I need a parenting course on how to deal with her and if yes who?
Thx for the vent

thatgirl

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 1:41 pm
I'm wondering what the incident was that your daughter slapped her teacher. Was your daughter feeling threatend?

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 2:58 pm
If she seems sensory, then OT is probably what she needs. Even if she doesn't qualify, and OT should be able to give you good advice on how to deal with her to minimize sensory behaviors.

It also sounds like the teachers may not be dealing with her properly, though it's hard to tell from your post. I don't know what preschools in Brooklyn are good.

anonymrs

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 3:41 pm
Otsar is a preschool that provides special services such as OT to qualifying children.
http://www.otsar.org/earlychild.html
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics