Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Buying new Washing machine - Israel

amother

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 2:56 am
Hi, Can any Israeli Mothers out there PLEASE recommend a good quick washing machine??

Was told by a salesman (not sure to trust)to get an "itwash" (Istalian) bec its the only mechanical one availble

in Israel. Ours was only 5 years old and has an electrical problem which would cost over 1000 shek to fix. so figure

better off not having electric?? make sense??. Thanx In advance

oh and is there such a thing as quick, as in my Mothers' US one works in 35 min's my old one was like really slow......??

Dev80

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 3:00 am
We were told by an electrician friend of my husbands that most machines now adays are digital, so they're just not going to last as long as our parents washing machines did, but if you have the choice of touch screen or dials, go with dials, because once the touch screen goes you're done.

Some machines have different cycle times, like I have a bosch which we bought last year and are very happy with (was recommended by many people who had it), and there's a way to have a faster cycle than the regular cycle that takes FOREVER and the clothes come out just as clean.

I would say check with another electrician or salesman if that machine really is non digital/electric, because I think really most are now, and if that one is as well then you may as research what else is out there.

achot613

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 3:04 am
Thanx- he said he sells the only all mechanical machine in Israel so no use asking other salesman,

he has one too so must be a good sign?

Strawberry2

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 3:04 am
I would ask my technician. He fixes machines daily, so can tell you which of the new ones are worth getting.

Marion

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 3:18 am
We bought an LG (digital, but with a dial) that we're happy with. And yes, it definitely has a short 30 minute cycle, and I'm not seeing a difference in how the clothes come out using that vs. the "regular" hour-long cycle.

achot613

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 3:19 am
Person who I asked is selling "itwash" and is a repair technictian- just thought I'd ask around b4 jumoing into buying from him off of blind faith mostly

Sara255

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 3:47 am
I recently bought a Blomberg and I am very happy with it. it was pretty low priced. It's small, so it's good for a small apartment, but it fits a nice amount of clothing. (Not tons though.)
The reason machines here take longer than in US is because they heat their own water. In US they are hooked up to your hot water pipes. But I do have a 30 minute cycle which I do use and think is totally fine.
If you live in Jerusalem, I would reallylrecommend the appliance store by Binyan Klal (I forgot the name) especially the salesman named Nir. He is really good (and speaks perfect English!).

StrongIma

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 7:35 am
I'm quite happy with my Samsung kah - yes, it's digital but it didn't cost so much that I'm petrified of having to buy another one eventually. it has a short cycle as well as the advantage of allowing you to change the speeds and temp's and not be pinned down to the pre-programmed cycles.

Last edited by StrongIma on Wed, Jun 13 2012, 8:19 am; edited 2 times in total

Dev80

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 7:44 am
We also got our washing machine by that place by binyan klal and they gave us the best price by far from anyone else we spoke to. But it seems like OP wants to go with this machine and this technician. OP, does he have references you can ask him for, or do you know him that you trust him?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry