Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Suddenly "No baf!" Ideas?
Previous  1  2

mvp

Post Sun, Jul 15 2012, 9:14 pm
In my family, when a kid is so scared of the hair washing, and doesn't cooperate with looking up - we give the kid a folded towel to cover their eyes with while the hair is being washed. This has worked with everyone in my family. I remember doing that as a kid as well Smile It was a big comfort.
Try that with her. It really takes away the fear of water rushing over the head.

seeker

Post Sun, Jul 29 2012, 6:39 pm
Just wanted to update that two weeks later the drama seems to have mostly passed! Most recent bath she was still hesitant to go in but when I lost patience with the negotiations and just scooped her up, she didn't protest and moved onto the bathing pretty smoothly, if not actually happily as in the past.

We did a lot of role playing with bathing her dolls, that seems to be what did it. Very sneakily, started off giving the dolls a bath in a very small amount of water and then she had to go in to reach them, but kept her shirt on so it wouldn't be "taking a bath." Then when it got wet and uncomfortable she asked for it off and eventually she was fully in the bath. So now whenever it's bath time we need to get the dolls all wet and whatever but hey, you do what you gotta do Rolling Eyes at least the kid is getting clean.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics