Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Classifieds
Help me learn Hebrew on Skype! $10

Ashrei

Post Wed, Oct 31 2012, 4:41 pm
Was wondering if anyone could spend about 30 minutes with me every night on skype for about 2 weeks to help me learn Hebrew for our trip to EY mid November.

$10/30min (this is more for people who want to do it, rather than for money....) Paid via paypal at the end of the week (or per session if you prefer).

Basically, I'd ask you to talk to me in Hebrew, and help me out when I'm trying to reply. And just have some conversation...

Obviously, you must be fluent... Does this work for any of you? Please pm or post. Thanks!

(PS: I'm in NY and available for this in the evenings, between 8 and 11pm NY Time)

Ashrei

Post Wed, Oct 31 2012, 8:48 pm
bump

Fabulous

Post Wed, Oct 31 2012, 8:53 pm
You realize that's the middle of the night in Israel and while many of us in chutz laaretz know enough to get around, not so many are fluent enough to do what you want.

Peanut2

Post Wed, Oct 31 2012, 9:07 pm
Those times are a bit tricky for me, but I'm a native speaker in America.

Let me think about it, but maybe someone pre-kids or with big ones wants to...

The are definitely native speakers in chutz la'aretz!

Ashrei

Post Wed, Oct 31 2012, 10:03 pm
Thanks for considering, Peanut. If people in EY would like to offer another time, I'll try to accomodate.

achot613

Post Thu, Nov 01 2012, 6:50 am
Hi! Im willing to try. Is only night by you good because I'm available basically from 2 am your time till 10 am while my son is at gan. If that's not good I can try 11-11:30. I'm actually waiting to start a new job and they technically could ask me to start in the next week or two so until they call I can do it. Do you have gmail/ gchat or tango or do you specifically want Skype?

Hashemlovesme

Post Thu, Nov 01 2012, 10:54 am
Such a good idea! I would jump at this opportunity, but I don't think you's want to learn Hebrew from me Wink Good luck finding someone though!

AlwaysThinking

Post Thu, Nov 01 2012, 11:09 am
Haha I'd also love to learn hebrew through skype (I'm in Israel though) I guess I'd pay for it too! My grammar is so terrible, I had to make a scary israeli phone call today. I sounded like a babbling idiot.

Hope you find someone, OP!

achot613

Post Thu, Nov 01 2012, 1:29 pm
If yr still interested forgot to mention the obvious- that I'm fluent in hebrew I went to university here and am originally from queens Ny.

Ashrei

Post Thu, Nov 01 2012, 11:08 pm
Riff wrote:
Haha I'd also love to learn hebrew through skype (I'm in Israel though) I guess I'd pay for it too! My grammar is so terrible, I had to make a scary israeli phone call today. I sounded like a babbling idiot.

Hope you find someone, OP!

That's a great reply Riff, I'm impressed with your self awareness and ability to laugh at yourself. Hatzlacha, I'm sure your Hebrew will keep getting better!

Yaschott, I'll pm you, maybe we can work something out.

Ashrei

Post Sat, Nov 03 2012, 8:03 pm
bump, in case anyone else is out there who can help. For ppl in Israel, I'll try to be available 9:30-10am NY Time (or maybe even 5:30am if I can swing it...)

Ashrei

Post Sat, Nov 10 2012, 8:02 pm
Hi again... So I had 2 leads but nothing really came through. I have 1 week left... Anyone? I will be available to learn at 5am New York Time, no problem!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics